Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Question, kinda concerned....
heatherenee posted:
This morning on my way to work, out of no where I got extremely naueses and started vomiting....about 10 min later I started to get a mild headache which is just kinda lingering on the top of my head for now. I called my doctor and told her about it and that saturday morning my fingers and ankels were really swollen and that i went to the pharmacy and took my own bp with thier machine and it was 130 over something, i couldn't remember the bottom number, took it right away again to make sure it would say the same thing and then it was 115 ( i don't even know how accurate those machines are) i've also had a couple bouts of diaherra and some mild cramping and was realllly thirsty last night, kept gettin up to get water. Anyway she didn't wanna see me she just said prob a virus, take tylenol, dr will see me on thursday at my schedules apt. i told her I usually get really achy and can tell when its a virus and i really didn't think so. Does anyone else think its odd that they didn't want me to come in just to check my numbers and urine? I guess if my bp was high it will be ok till thursday right?

krazykatt707 responded:
The only advice I can offer is that you know your body best. Better than anyone. If you feel like it's not a virus and something doesn't feel right, you should call them back and insist that they see you. At least to ease your mind. If you are truly concerned, any good MD will take the time to see you. Even if it has to be with a PA or a partner of theirs.

I wouldn't put too much stock in those pharmacy BP machines. They aren't always that accurate and who knows the last time that machine was calibrated.

Hope you feel better.
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

lestersgirls responded:
Lurking...
Have you ever had any problems with your blood sugar? I am a diabetic and it sounds like what would happen to me when my blood sugar would get too high. I would have a dull, lingering headache, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Also, excessive thirst.
Could be a virus, but I would insist that the doc see me as soon as possible. You could get dehydrated very easily.
Sorry you're feeling so yucky. Hope you get an answer and feel better soon.
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

heatherenee replied to lestersgirls's response:
lestersgirls- I passed my gd test but that wasl like 10 weeks ago now. I was suprised i did anyway, not because i have a poor diet but because diabetes is very common in family...my mom has it now, she had gd with her pregnancies, all five of her simblings have it, both her parents died with it. So its kinda "in the blood". I can check my blood after work with my fil's machine to see it its high, if it is then call the dr back. do u know what my numbers should be? Im kinda leaning towards just calling the dr office anyway and asking him to fit me in sometime today or at least tommorrow

StarryGrrl replied to heatherenee's response:
Definitely talk to your doctor about your symptoms soon. I just read an article about how they are discovering that some pregnant women don't develop GD until after 30 weeks pg, so some are getting it but not being treated because they took and passed the test earlier. As far as what your numbers should be, my doctor has me test one hour after each meal and wants my blood sugar to be between 90-130. For fasting (first test of the day before breakfast) it whould be 70-90. I hope you feel better soon.

lestersgirls replied to heatherenee's response:
StarryGrl is right on about what your numbers should be. I didn't find out I was diabetic until late in my first pregnancy. I've had three babies since then and all was well with my diabetes. Call the doc if you are worried for sure. You know when something is up with your body. Don't worry about bothering them. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.
Good luck girl!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08), Baby Boy Kellan Lester Due 10-12-10!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, my name is Jenn. I was born in raised in North Central NJ, but have lived in MI since 1996. Still getting used to it, I swear. I work ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.