Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story: Long
MNMommy3 posted:
On Monday, the 3rd, my doc had "stretched" my cervix to get things moving along. At that point I was 39w1d, 1.5cm and 70% effaced. I woke up Tuesday morning and had some spotting and was really crampy, just sort of an ache in my lower tummy and lower back all day pretty much. Throughout the day, I was feeling contractions but they really weren't that strong and anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes apart. Also throughout the day, I was losing bits and pieces of my mucous plug tinged with more blood and TONS of bowel movements ALL DAY! I knew I was on my way to having my baby, just didn't know how long this early stage would go on for. I was still really comfortable though so I decided to just chill out and relax for the big show. At around 5:00 I got up to start dinner and as soon as I was up, moving around, the contractions started coming every 5 to 8 minutes and were getting a bit more painful. We had dinner, did our evening routine, and by 7:00 I grabbed my bag and finished packing. Contractions were coming every 5 to 8 minutes from this point on. After DB got home, and we timed the contractions a bit longer, we decided to bring my 2 DS's to my parent's house. We got back home at about 9:30, DB jumped in the shower, I called the on-call doc to let them know where I was at and she told us to come on in. We got to the hossy at about 10:45 and they hooked me up to the monitors and I was already 3cm and fully effaced with a bulging sac. By now the contractions were coming HARD! I didn't think I'd make it through some of them, but my biggest help was just to concentrate on my breathing. I just imagined blowing the contractions out and I got to breathing super hard! At 12:30 the nurse checked me again and I was 5cm. Within 15 minutes the anesthesiologist was in the room and I was getting my WONDERFUL epidural!! It took about 10 minutes for it to fully kick in, but it finally gave me a chance to take a break and gain composure before I had to push. It was at about this point when I was laying on my side and a really strong contraction broke my water. At 1:00, just 30 minutes later, the nurse checked again and she said "Oh my goodness, girl, you are complete!!" She immediately called to see if the doc was on her way and told me to let her know immediately if I felt the need to push. Doc got there at about 1:30-ish maybe, and all it took was 3 sets of 3 pushes and my baby girl, Nevaeh Elizabeth Rose was born on 01/05/11 at 1:41 am, weighing 7lbs, 6oz and 20 inches long. Her apgars were 9/9.

Out of all three of my deliveries, this was, by far, the best one!! It was just me, DB and the one absolutely wonderful nurse in the room the entire time I labored. It was an amazing experience to share with DB, no matter how painful it was. Breastfeeding is going good, although my nipples are KILLING me! I have a home health nurse coming out today to check on us and if she can't help, I'll probably get a hold of the lactation consultants to figure out the whole cracked/bleeding nipples issue we're having. Other than that, things are going WONDERFUL! Thank you to all of you for your help, support and encouragement over the last 9 months, and labor vibes to those who need them!!
~ Kelly (31), DB (31), DS1 (12), DS2 (5), baby GIRL due 01/09/11!

stefms21 responded:
Congratulations!! Glad everything went so smoothly for you. I wish my "stretching" membranes would have worked like that. Hopefully not too far behind you.
Me (26) DB (29) First pregnancy EDD 1/13/11 Pink Team!!

DDK2005 responded:
What a GREAT L&D story!!! Enjoy Miss Neaeh!
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: 3/26/09 Ava, Baby 2: EDD 4/2/11. From NYC. Go YELLOW Team!

ssteinbuch0048 responded:
Congratulations!
Stacy 31, DF(Jason)32, DD(Paige Aspen)13, DD(Pearl Madison)10, New LO - Alexander - Due March 1, 2011 YAY BLUE TEAM!!!

ElanaK responded:
Sounds like a great birth! Congrats!
Elana (27), DH (41); DD / DS (IVF twins) 3/18/09; DD (miracle natural pregnancy) 12/30/10

Jhawkchick responded:
congratulations! And thanks for the <<vibes>>!
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), EDD 3/30/2011--Pink Team!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Kelly!

MRSKuhns responded:
Sounds wonderful! Congrats!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

Spotlight: Member Stories

My pic is of Eli at 30 wks and 1 dy Too Sweet! My story is weird long and complicated I am a happy single mom and finallay after 32 years know where I...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.