Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Tomorrow .... :O
MRSKuhns posted:
Tomorrow is the big day for me...I am being induced. Its hard to put an exclamation point after that sentence for me. Please don't take this wrong; I am overjoyed that we will soon have our little boy in our arms! I have waited nine months to see his face, to hold, cuddle, and love him...but I am nervous/scared to be induced and I feel like I am losing something. I don't know how to explain it. Has anyone else ever felt this way?

I love my baby and can't wait to meet him...there are just so many other emotions I can't explain and i feel drained trying to figure out whats wrong with me. Any input or encouragement would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much for reading ladies...I just had to get this out!
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25), EDD 1/19/11 Cody Benjamin! :D

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yes, very normal to feel that way. When I had my daughter it happened so fast, I was shocked over it all. There are reasons why doctors decide to induce.
Pregnancy will drain you and give you so many emotions and I hope after the birth you can enjoy those moments free from stress. I can't wait to read your birth story!

excited_4_baby responded:
I know what you mean. I'm scheduled to be induced next Monday. Dr has tried stretching cervix and stripping the membranes... nothing. Then I went walking at a local Meijer even though I was in tears after one trip around the store because the swelling in my feet and legs is so bad... nothing. This is my first baby and all I wanted was the perfect experience that you always hear about and see in the movies. You know - middle of the night, the water breaks, everybody rushes to the hospital, and out comes baby. Well, I guess for some of us it just isn't meant to be that way. And we have to just make do with it and make our own perfect ending to these 40 weeks! I'm still not crazy about being induced, but apparently this little girl has decided she isn't coming out any other way. I did talk to my dr more about it at my last appt and I'm more comfortable now that I understand the process and his approach to it. So now maybe I feel like it still sucks, but it won't be as bad. And in the long run, we are still going to have the same overall experience - we are just getting a little helping nudge to get it started. I am nervous/scared about the whole L&D experience - period. Regardless of how it starts. I believe your feelings are totally normal because I feel the same way. On a side note, a friend of mine had her fourth baby today. All of her labors started at home on their own. This baby was stubborn and she had to be induced. She said it wasn't really any different or any more difficult for her than the others...just more planned. Good luck to you. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and can't wait to read your birth story. ((HUGS)) and lots & lots of EASY LABOR VIBES!!!!!!!
Me(33) DH (33) First baby due 1/15/11 - Girl!! - Lilah Rae

Lisa_F responded:
I can relate. My dr asked me last week at my 39 week apt if I wanted to be induced and I said no. I felt guilty, like I was saying I didn't want to have her but its really not that. I have no medical reason for being induced so I'd rather just let things happen on their own.
DH (31) Me (27) DD - Keelin (21 months) DD Tierney due 1/15/11

KimmieApples responded:
I know what you mean when you say you feel like you will be loosing something. I'm only 37 weeks and so far am not being induced, but my Dr. did ask if I would want to consider it if I don't go on my own by my due date. I said no because I really want it to happen naturally if possible. But if my Dr. insists for the health of the baby I will do it. In the end I think all that will matter is holding my baby. Good luck to you!

MRSKuhns responded:
I also wanted to mention you can search any kind of birth or pregnancy related subject to find what most suits you on the blog.
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25),DS (2), EDD 5/30/13

MRSKuhns replied to MRSKuhns's response:
oops didn't mean to post on this
Sarah (me 22), Hubby (25),DS (2), EDD 5/30/13

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and i are 21 yrs old and expecting our first Child a little Girl whos name will be Sage Marie. due to several Conflicting due dates From my...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful