Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
BABY BLUES
cyavca05 posted:
Hi Girls,

I know i should go to parenting forum, but I'm comfortable talking to you guys.
I got home yesterday from the hospital, brought my new baby home, I have a 2 yo(she is acting up wanting attention) and I'm feeling depressed.. It happen to me last time, it lasted a couple of weeks. i hate this feeling. this is like the most important event in my life, I have the family I have always dreamed of having and here I am, feeling so crapy( I had a c-section) and sad, crying all over, feeling overwhelmed and I have the help of my mom 24/7 so I should be a little bit more relax. It doesnt help that is cold here and snowing :-(
I know it will pass, but OMG I hate this feeling!!!

Wendy12345678 responded:
Hola. I understand how your feeling (mostly, no c-section). My son was born a week and a half ago and I'm still checking in here. I'm now starting to feel less blue, but my husband never took a vacation (like he promised) and now he's having to move out of town for the year for work, starting Monday, but he will come home on weekends. This was my 3rd boy and I'm super overwhelmed too. Unfortunatly my mother has alzhiemers, and is being cared for by my aunt, who I'll just say should be living in China, so the pregnancy was a secret to her, so my mom doesn't even know I have a new baby. LOL, now I'm complaining! This was meant just to tell you that it has very gradually getting better for me emotionally, and if you have help I'm sure that overwhelmed feeling won't last long. Last week I thought I'd be misearable for ever, and now I'm only half miserable. Hopefully yours will pass even faster. It is a shame that hormones screw up such a special time in our lives. I'm in the parenting babies first year forum also, so you should at least see me and a couple of recent graduates from this board there. Its so sad to leave this board, but we'll adjust, we're moms.

krazykatt707 responded:
I know what you mean. I felt the same way with DS but as crappy as you feel and as much as you feel like its going to last forever, it doesn't. As long as you have lots of support around you, things will get better as your hormones start to level out. Give yourself time! Your body is going through alot right now. Make sure you take care of yourself. Rest when you can and accept all offers of help. Don't feel like you have to super mom! That's a mistake I made. And when you're not feeling so sore, it'll do you alot of good to get out of the house for some baby free time. Let Grandma babysit and just get out for some alone time. I hope you feel better soon!
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

MNMommy3 responded:
I know exactly how you feel! My baby is now 2 weeks old but the first week was hell. I was constantly crying and feeling upset over not being pregnant anymore and just not feeling like myself. It's really hard to explain exactly how you feel. This week has been much better for me. The "blues" have subsided but now I just feel overwhelmed with a 12-year-old boy (who just got in-school suspension yesterday for fighting, and is struggling with his grades and has ADHD), a 5-year-old boy who is struggling at getting along with DB (who is not his real dad), and trying to balance life at home, getting back to working from home, plus all the wifey duties of cooking, cleaning, laundry, appointments, etc. The baby blues WILL subside! However, if they are persistent for a few weeks and nothing seems to help, definitely talk to your doctor about it. GL and know that you are not alone!
~ Kelly (31), DB (31), DS1 (12), DS2 (5), baby GIRL due 01/09/11!

jlbwondering35 replied to MNMommy3's response:
I'm going to be having my first baby in 5 or so weeks, but I know I'll be able to relate to how you're all feeling. First of all I get depressed being home all day for more than one day...that and I know the baby blues are going to kick in and I'm going to be a mess! My poor husband thought my hormones were out of control during the pregnancy, wait till I call him at work sobbing every day! Just think, you'll be recovered from them and I'll be starting them! LOL!

cyavca05 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
awww...I know..the whole process of having a baby is life changing and hard sometimes. Thak you girls for being here to share our feelings.
jlbwondering35 we will be here for you if you need to talk when the time comes, Good luck to you!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (38), DH (40), DS (13 months) EDD 6/22/12 PINK TEAM YAY!!! :-)

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.