Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
safe to take Zantac?
An_216773 posted:
Hi ladies,
Is anyone else taking Zantac for heartburn relief? My midwife said it was safe for pregnancy, but when I read the details on the medication, it says you need to take it every day in order for it to work. Is it okay to take one Zantac every day for the remainder of my pregnancy? I have an appt next week and will ask again then, but just wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions in the meantime.
Thanks!

ShanunC responded:
yes it is.. my life and throat and check depend on it.. I started with the zantac 75 every 12 hours as directed.. Im not onto zantac 150.. i take it once every 12 hours as directed...
hope it brings you some releif..
ME-27/DH-29/DD-3 on feb 9th.. lil Jack Owen coming Via c section to an operating room near you 2/10/2011... Bipolar Stay at home mom.. Love my lil MJ and cant wait for baby number 2..

lestersgirls responded:
My OB had me taking it twice a day during the last trimester. I couldn't live without it either!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),PAL Grad Kellan Lester (9-16-10)!

krazykatt707 responded:
I take Prilosec but its basically the same thing. My stomach and throat depend on it since I get such nasty reflux with this pregnancy. Should be perfectly safe!
Rachel(26),Scott(27),Jon Roland(4),EDD for Kira Elizabeth 2-6-11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.