Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Anyone else can't breathe?!?
2briggerboys posted:
Hi everyone!
I'm almost 35 weeks and this baby girl has decided to sit straight up and down. I swear I can feel her head right under my boobs!! I sit at a desk all day and it hurts SO bad to breathe and concentrate b/c I feel like I'm squishing her. Anyone else having troubles?
I go to the doctor on Wednesday thank goodness and have a u/s scheduled next week to see if she is still breech or not. I know that she still is since I can't breathe and I don't have any of the evil crotch pain or pressure. Grr....I wish she would flip already and be ready to come out!

Hope you all are doing well.
--Me(32), DH(33), Mason(7), Carson(4.5), Kacey Elizabeth due March 30, 2011~Go Purple Team!

kygirl82 responded:
well my little boy has been living in my ribs for the last several weeks. At this point i'm just hoping that he drops soon. I know that he is already head down, but i am almost 37 weeks now. but i know the uncomfortable feeling sitting at a desk all day, i try to get up and move around every hour or so and if i'm just sitting here i have to stretch out and move around.
Me(28) DH (28) DS1 (4), LO EDD:03/17/2010 Blue Team!!! I'm going to be outnumbered. 2 dogs Jager(2.5) Foster(1.5) and 1 cat Martini (2.5)

nikkumom replied to kygirl82's response:
I am in the same boat as you guy.. I will be 36 weeks on 23rd and today for some reason I CAN'T BREATHE... My little missy was head down when I went for my last appointment on 9th and for some reason I think she moved and she is not head down anymore. as i can feel her head on one side and bum/legs on the other side..thats my feeling ..I will ask my OB abt it.

And I did mention my back IS HURTING... where is my hot water bottle :o) ..
Me (34),DH(40),4 yr old boy ,expecting DD on 03/21/2011

osamuel08 responded:
Yup, every kid has done this to me and if I had to list my complaints this issue would be front and center. Have you tried sitting crosslegged (indian style) at your desk? I do that a lot and use a wireless keyboard to pull it closer. It looks bad but I've even used my mouse and pad on my belly! I know work doesn't exactly lend itself to getting comfortable but at this stage in the game you have to do what you have to do! I also sit this way in the car (obviously if I am not driving). For me it seems to open my hips a bit and give that extra inch or two for the baby to move down. I also know from an u/s that he is head down (as were the others) but they just like to stay "up" in my ribs and lungs versus down on my bladder (pick your poison, right?). I know it was such a relief when my last son was born that after the final push I exclaimed "Whew, now that is better!" and the room cracked up. At least the cure is immediate :-)

Jen (34) DH (34) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

sdadkin responded:
I am only 29 weeks, but I am right there with you! I sit at a desk all day long and it is getting worse every single day! I have been having a lot of trouble with breathing. I think part of it is where he is positioned, but also part of it is the uterus growing and your lungs not having as much room to expand when you breathe. And I think part of it is that my boobs wont stop growing! Some of my bras have gotten too tight on me. And all of this is killing my back, but I still have 11 weeks to go!
Me (25) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

Jhawkchick responded:
I am right there with you! I'm either at a desk or in the car and it's just miserable! I can feel my LO start squirming around if I'm too hunched over. I've found that sometimes just stretching my arms out over my head helps a lot when she gets all in my ribs. By the way, what's purple team??
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

2briggerboys replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Glad I'm not the only one who is feeling the pain! :) Guess that's what comes with being in our 3rd tri right!?! Luckily my desk allows for me to look a little awkard where no one can see. Having my legs apart seems to make it better but definitely not lady like or work appropriate! I slouch way down too and I just look funny. oh well.

@jhawkchick - most people who know what they are having put either -Go Blue team (boy) or Go Pink team (girl). Well my favorite color is purple and not a pink person so I use Go Purple team instead! :)
--Me(32), DH(33), Mason(7), Carson(4.5), Kacey Elizabeth due March 30, 2011~Go Purple Team!

Jhawkchick replied to 2briggerboys's response:
Got it!! Thanks for the clarification. I knew about the pink, blue, yellow, and green teams but purple completely stumped me. I like it though! :)
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

Shleah responded:
Im 36 weeks pregnant with my son, and have felt short of breath with some chest pressure on n off since I was 5 mo. Im still working, Im an RN and work 12 hr shifts, night shift. Sometimes while Im passing meds to patients, I have to lean on the side rail of their bed to catch my breathe. I even get SOB while resting. Im thinking its the increased blood flow and workload of my heart causing it

chaquita1230 responded:
Oh yeah, those last few weeks are so difficult. My babies got really big the last few weeks and breathing was very hard. Soon it will be over.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.