Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
TMI Question! Help!
Dyzkneegrl posted:
Well when I woke up this morning and made my morning stop to the bathroom...I noticed an amonia like smell? I wasn't wet or anything. I have had a little bit of leaking off and on now. Should I be worried that I am leaking amniotic fluid or do you think that this is just the baby squishing my bladder? I am waiting for my Dr to call me back. I am worried, I am only 28 weeks along!!!

Katherine

Jhawkchick responded:
My guess would be it's a squished bladder if there is an amonia like smell. To my knowledge amniotic fluid shouldn't have a foul odor. Actually, based on a couple other posts on this site, it seems like it might actually have a sweet smell.
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

melissah210 responded:
Sorry to say but it is the baby pressing down on the bladder..

I went to the hospital a few weeks ago cause i wasnt sure and after running some tests needless to say im just tinkling myself. lol..

Its annoying cause I can literally sit on the toilet and after im done peeing (atleast i think i got it all out) i sit on the toilet and wiggle the butt alittle before i get up and when I get off the toilet i notice that from the sitting to standing position i would tinkle so when im getting off the toilet i hold the paper their to catch the drip drip... lol..

Try wearing some panty liners..

Dyzkneegrl replied to melissah210's response:
Thank you ladies! My Dr said its a squished bladder! Lovely.. lol! Now I am completley paranoid that I smell! Some things you can never really be prepared for! Can I just go and hide now? Oh, well wouldn't trade it for the alternative! Thank goodness I have been wearing panty liners!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Cris (31) DH (31) 2 m/c 08 and 09. EDD 9/23/10 - its a boy!

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.