Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Poll: What Type of Nesting Mom are You?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:

I've always loved to clean. If I could have one wish, it would be a neat and tidy home! Unfortunately with teens and grand children running everywhere in my home it would take 2 super moms to keep up with the cleaning. I give out chores like candy but with so many kids it is hard to keep our home to my standards.

The cleaning bug never bit me hard until I had my first pregnancy nesting experience. At 9 months pregnant, I was on my hands and knees stripping the wax off my mother's floors. Also, cleaned the nursery many times and rearranged the furniture over and over.

Have you had a nesting episode yet?

Do you have a great nesting story to share?
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone

Take the Poll

What type of nesting mom are you?
  • Mrs. Clean!
  • OMG, who let this crazy woman in my wife?s body!
  • Too tired to nest, SO can get it done!
  • I will wait until it needs to be shoveled out!
  • None of the above!
vote
View Poll Results

Jackie86401 responded:
Today while I was cleaning the house I had DH in the front yard weeding and told him it had to get done today. Then after he finished that we both started working on getting our garden ready to plant some roses. And I told him that tomorrow I wanted the back yard weeded because this weekend is my baby shower and I want the kids to have a place to play other than the bedroom! I know DH hates it that I am making him do so much but with my SPD I can barely walk half the time so even if I want to clean I can't!! I even gave my dogs baths tonight! I have been crazy nesting all day!!

wichelmana responded:
With this pregnancy I've noticed EVERYTHING earlier than my first...and that's most definitely not limited to nesting! In my 25th/26th week (I'm 27 weeks today) I ended up going through our entire toiletry chest, cleaning the kitchen, the living room, the bedroom, AND our bathroom right down to the toilet...

The last time I cleaned the toiletry chest in particular, was at about 35/36 weeks pregnant with my first...xD

When I nest, I nest...DH doesn't seem to complain any though. He likes a clean house. Lol.
Amanda[21], DH[25], DD[17mo], 3 BFPs: Oct 3rd and 4th,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Blue team! Sixth Appt. April 5th

Jhawkchick replied to wichelmana's response:
DH and I had both sets of parents visit us for Thanksgiving and I did most of the deep cleaning and organizing before they came. Since then, I've just been trying to keep up with everything I did. The only thing I'd still like to do is reorganize under the kitchen cabinets but crawling around on the tile floor right now seems almost impossible. There is a part of me that feels like I should have an urge to do more and I sometimes feel bad because I don't. The one thing I have done recently isn't really deep cleaning but more just purging of stuff. If go through drawers and closets and if it hasn't been used in a while I just throw it out or take it to Goodwill. Out of sight and out of mind!!
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
My spring cleaning is around the corner and my family hates to help. I take 2 weeks and clean the rooms, furniture and walls!

Anyone else do spring cleaning?
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

melissah210 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Im currently staying at moms and im sure everyone hates it sometimes..lol

My sis who is 18 I swear she is a hoarder and shes lazy. When I 1st came back home I got my room back that has a 2nd conjoined room well my sis had the 2nd room totally trashed with layers and layers of clothes and such so I threw EVERYTHING out, I ended getting i believe 9 big black bags of clothes which those got dropped of at a shelter.. I didnt ask if she needed or wanted it, I just threw it all in a bag..She saw the bags, went threw them and only pulled out a few shirts so see she wasnt going to miss anything anyways. lol

My moms storage room behind the house- yeah I had a field day in that one to she had BOXES of vhs tapes, atrack tapes, cassettes, old cds, books and such.. I got permission for those things to get rid of but everything else I dont ask if they need it. If its just there building dust, not getting any use, taking up space and will never get used yeah its going. I have learned that I need to do it when stepdad isnt around (mom said the same thing also) because he is 1 of those that will pull things out of the get rid of pile..lol

I went through the attic and wow behold a box I have been looking for like a year of clothes and such was there and I found LOTS of clothes.. Granted alot of the kids clothes and shoes was given away, hey the hunt for the box was not closed.lol

I can go on and on with the things I have cleaned out..
Lets put it this way. Alot of people on craigslist already know that Im nesting.. lol..
I pull everything out that needs to get rid of and post in the free section.. I have helped lots of families and they have helped me by removing the items..

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to melissah210's response:
I have some family members that never throw anything away and have helped them to clean out numerous rooms. Pregnancy would make it so difficult to do.
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

sdadkin responded:
I officially started nesting this weekend! I will be 33 weeks tomorrow. My SO finally finished painting our first DS's new room and put together his new crib (since new baby is getting his old room). I began washing all of DS's baby clothes and bibs and blankets and things. I switched DS's things to his new room and put away all the clothes for new DS (well only clothes sized up to 3 months) and started re-organizing the closet. I am exhausted today!!!

I accomplished a lot this weekend, but I still feel like there's so much more to do! There's a lot of stuff in the basement from our first DS that still needs to brought up, sorted through and cleaned. Plus, my mom is throwing me a small baby shower at the church this weekend so I will have all that to put away and bottles/breast pump parts to wash. Hopefully with all of that still left to do, the last few weeks will fly by!
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I originally joined WebMD two years ago, because it was the only community my internet at work would allow me to access. Since then I've drifted f...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.