Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Measuring ahead...
sdadkin posted:
I had my 32 week check up yesterday. I saw the NP instead of my regular Ob and for the first time I actually had my belly measured. She said that I was measuring a week ahead but it was nothing to worry about. With my last pregnancy I was measured at every visit and my Ob never said either way if I was measuring ahead or not and my son was born at exactly 37 weeks (my water actually broke at 36w5d). Since I am measuring ahead does that mean that I am likely to deliver early again?
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

heat4heather responded:
Good question!
I have the same due date (5/10/11) and my baby is also measuring big. Wouldn't mind delivering a little early
-- First baby due 5/10/2011 --

Averysmomma0106 responded:
Those fundal height measurements can be way off. I was measuring 2 weeks behind at my doc appt. A week later I went for an ultrasound and he's actually measuring 2 days ahead. A lot of things can make you seem bigger or smaller such as the baby's position. Some doctors don't even bother to measure anymore.

jedmonds12 responded:
I've been measuring 2 weeks ahead for the past 6 weeks. My OB ordered an ultrasound to check baby's growth and he's right on track, in the 51st percentile. She said it's likely just because I'm carrying him so high that the fundal measurements are off and it's nothing to worry about.
Julie (27), DF (34). Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, my name is Jenn. I was born in raised in North Central NJ, but have lived in MI since 1996. Still getting used to it, I swear. I work ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful