Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
38 Week Appointment
Jhawkchick posted:
I had my 38 week appointment on Tuesday (I was technically 37w 6d). I was told that my cervix is soft and I was a fingertip dilated. I've been having contractions in the middle of the night for the past 3-4 nights w/ some lower back pain and period like cramping. I know based on others comments on these boards that this can go on for a while before anything really happens but it's definitely making me rather anxious. I've been walking almost every day and yesterday I waddled around the neighborhood for over an hour. Last night I had so much pressure down low and I had to use the bathroom about 5 times in the middle of the night. After each time, when I got back in bed I felt like I needed to go again. I'm SOOO ready to meet our little girl but there is a part of me that hopes she'll wait until next weekend when our moms get to town, but it's not really up to me. Who knows...just getting super excited!!!
Me (30), DH (30),  Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

osamuel08 responded:
I haven't seen you on here since you posted this and hoping you are still feeling well! Obviously let us know when/if you have a chance :)

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

cheyenne828 replied to osamuel08's response:
Yes, keep us up to date when you get a chance. Lots of luck to you! I'm just a few days behind you so following your progress anxiously!
Me - Pam, 37 / DH, 37 ~ 1 due 4/2/11 - Yellow team!

Jhawkchick responded:
Thanks for the support ladies. Unfortunately, I have nothing new to report other than feeling overly bloated and constipated. TMI, I know! Like I said, I'm hoping I can make it to next weekend when my mom & DH's mom get to town but at the same time, I'm ready to get this process started. I'll definitely keep you all posted if anything changes. :) Thanks again for checking in!
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

osamuel08 replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Sorry to hear there has been no action. I am literally one week behind you and I actually slept well last night (first time in months I slept through the night). But it came with a hefty price, major stiffness in my joints. My hips and back feel like they are fused and I am walking around like an old person! I am thercare-heat-wrapped like a mummy. So I get what you are saying we all have our "thing" right now that makes us (almost) want this to be over. I am pretty sure this is our last child so I am really *trying* to enjoy these last couple of weeks.

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl)

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.