Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
PLEASE HELP!!!
colopyr posted:
Im 32 weeks pregnant and i have had this horrible cold for more than 4 days and i just cant take it anymore! My ears are plugged, my nose is so stuffed and raw from blowing it so much, my throat hurts, and more! My doctor said i can take robotussin so i een taking that nut its just not getting the job done! What other options do i have? What can i take and what can i do to feel better? Im going crazy as it is since i been put on bed rest and now i have this cold that just wont kick! UHG!!! Please help!

cheyenne828 responded:
I'm so sorry you're sick. You can try Claritin or Tylenol PM (the PM will help you sleep and will be a bit of an antihistimine). Also, when I was desperately sick, I used Affrin for two days. It just cleared my nose up enough to get some relief and rest. Do not use it for an extended period though.
Me - Pam, 37 / DH, 37 ~ 1 due 4/2/11 - Yellow team!

mindy48875 responded:
Oh I wish I had advice but I"m right there with you momma! Only - I'm going on 4WEEKS!!!! Yes - 4 weeks of being completely miserable. I went to the dr. last week and all they said was that it was viral and to keep taking tylenol cold to help with symptoms. Well - I'm sure you know - it does not help! I have never had anything like this before - it is awful. Hopefully you find some relief soon and it doesn't drag on as long as mine has... :-)
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

sdadkin responded:
I was sick a few weeks ago and I found that sleeping with those Breathe Right strips on my nose helped a lot. It helped me sleep better because I could actually breathe! It was the first time I had ever used them and I was surprised that they worked. Not sure if they will help you at all but it might be worth a try! Hope you feel better soon!
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

heat4heather responded:
I had the same thing: a cold that just wouldn't quit! I was sick for a solid 3 weeks (thanks to our immune systems being less active during pregnancies).

I tried not to take anything, but also used the nose strips. They definitely helped me sleep at night! Sadly, the only advice I can give is lots of water and sleep. It just takes awhile to get over any cold while pregnant...
-- First baby due 5/10/2011 --

J3nnif3r8 responded:
I had the same thing and my doctor told me to take regular Sudafed, not cold and sinus, just regular. My cold was gone in four days.

jedmonds12 responded:
My OB also said regular Sudafed was totally fine. She stressed that it had to be the regular kind that has pseudoephedrine. I highly recommend it.

I'm a firm believer that as a pregnant woman, you can't get better without some kind of help (be it Sudafed or Breathe Right strips) because our immune systems are compromised. We've got to help them out a little!

I got sick in my 6th month and tried to beat it without using medicines and was sick for almost 6 weeks. I got sick again earlier this month and took Sudafed during the day and Tylenol PM at night and was better in a week.
Julie (27), DF (34). Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 18 years old and pregnant with my first child...i wouldn't say i was the perfect mam, i have made mistakes throughout my pregnancy but im ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.