Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
nikkumom posted:
Short: Avanya was born on March 17th @ 9:06AM weiging 7lbs 4oz.

Long:I went for my 39 weeks appointment on March 16th and I was 3 cm dialated and I had some bloody show after the appointment, all day I had lower back pain but no other sign. I walked and walked inside the house by evening I had few contractions here and there but nothing significant. As I was GBS +ve I had to rush to hossy in case my water breaks or contractions are 15-20 min apart to get the anitbiotic through IV.Around 12:00 midnight i started feeling the contractions and I started timing them around 12:30 and they were 15 min apart and after timing for an hour we got dressed and headed for hossy and was there at 1:45AM and they hooked me on monitors and contractions were 10 min apart doc came and checked I was 5cm and started the anitbiotic. I asked for EPIDURAL around 3:30.He came back to check around 5:30 AM. I was 5CM and he went back.He came back 7:00 to check I was 7cm but wasn't having too many contractions and he said he is going to give me some mediciation in IV for contractions(for some reason I wasn't dialating fast ..Anyways, got the medication and doc said its going to be another 3-4 hrs so I sent my hubby home to check on our son (who was home with my mom dad) and after he went home I started feeling strong contractions. Nurse said u should have strong contraction since u have Epi going on and she said if it doesn't improve she will call the anesthesiologist but she is going to check me before,she checked and I was fully diated and she said where is ur hubby call me we don't have much time as the head is down.I called him and he camwithin 5 min (we live close by) .The doc's shift chagned and this time female OB came and I started pushing around 8:45 AM and 9:06 AM she was out weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long.

Came home on Friday and had some trouble BF not its getting better.

I gotta rush baby is crying... Good luck to you all.I will see you all in parenting section.
Me (34),DH(40),4 yr old boy ,expecting DD on 03/21/2011

reb_hun responded:
congrats!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations, Nikkumom! Thanks goodness you do live close by the hospital and hubby was able to make is back in time. :)
You are welcome to stay with us and also join our Parenting community and Baby's First Year .
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

mindy48875 responded:
Congratulations on your little girl! And I agree with pp! Thank goodness hubby was close by and made it back in time for the birth :-)
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

rosecole responded:
Congrats on your baby girl!! We were DD buddies and did end up having our babies on the same day!!!
Nicole(30) DH Nate(29) DS1 Luke(4) DS2 Alex(2) 3 EDD 3-21-11 One Boston Terrier Furbaby Jack(5) Yellow Team!!!

osamuel08 responded:
Congrats Nikkumom! What a close call with your DH and OB, so glad to hear they made it on time!! What a beautiful name and a good size. You must be very proud, sounds like you did a fantastic job.
I also wanted to follow up with you when/if you get a chance re your daughters hydronephrosis... It is just been discovered in my LO's left kidney (at 37 weeks). Just wondering what special steps were taken (if any) prior to or after delivery and so far what the results have been? I see the high risk ob tomorrow and this will be my first real chat regarding the severity, future outlook, etc... I've been trying to remain cool about it but starting to feel my nerves get to me.
I'll also post this on the parenting board in the event you don't check here anymore :)
TIA,
Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

nikkumom replied to osamuel08's response:
osamuel08 :Pedi did u/s of her kidneys and both the tubes( don't know the medical term for it) are mildly dilated ( earlier the right one was dilated now after birth both r.Luckily the pedi who saw my dd was the same pedi was son goes to and my ddwas going to see him as well.He said we will do another u/s after 3 months to see if they r better or still have the dilation. If so then we will discuss what needs to be done.But at this point there is nothing to be done.

Pls keep us posted abt wht the high risk doc says.

Good luck
Me (34),DH(40),4 yr old boy ,expecting DD on 03/21/2011

mmmstar8806 replied to nikkumom's response:
hi...i'm lurking from the 2nd tri boards.
congrats on your new arrival! =)

my DS also has mild hydronephrosis in both kidneys. he was put on bactrim/amoxocillian. it's supposed to prevent any possible infections that might occur with it.

usually...as i've been told, it might take up to 2 years for it to fully disappear, even in mild cases. DS goes back in a couple weeks to check up on it.

osamuel08 replied to nikkumom's response:
Thank you Nikkumom and MMMstar. I will be "shopping" for a good ped urologist this week so I can jump on the line once he is born. I am sure between our regular ped and the high risk ob, I can get a few good referrals. I will make sure to ask our regular ped about the need for meds/scan in the hospital before we leave. I tend to be proactive about this type of stuff, it makes me feel better, like at least I am "doing something" and will be ready when the time comes.

Hope you have a great pregnancy MMMstar and that you are enjoying that sweet baby Nikkumom!

Jen

wmatto83 responded:
Congrats to you and your family!!! I am new to this board so you were the first birth story I read! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.