Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Polyhyramnios
RAG885 posted:
Hello Ladies. I'm new here. I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my first child. During an ultrasound about 3 weeks the doctor noticed that I had too much amniotic fluid. Since then and until delivery I've had weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests to monitor it. The levels are only slightly elevated so from what I've read I shouldn't worry too much. The doctors have ruled out any blockages or issues with swallowing because they can see the baby swallow during the ultrasounds. Since this is my first child I worry about EVERYTHING. My doctors don't seem concerned about it but just want to monitor it closely. If any of you have had this issue is there any advice you can give me? Or just share your story with me to ease my mind. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

lestersgirls responded:
Lurking,,,
I had the same problem when I was pregnant this last time. I had weekly ultrasounds also. It never seemed to become an issue until I delievered at 36 weeks because I failed the non stress tests and when they would do an ultrasound, they couldn't track his breathing very well. When I had my c-section and they cut open my uterus, I heard a big gush on the floor and everyone, including DH gasped. The OB said "my gosh, that's A LOT of fluid!". DH said it went all over the doc's shoes. HaHa! Anyway, that's kind of TMI, but my son had pneumonia immediately after birth and stayed in the hossy for a week. Doc said it was due to the fact that there was so much fluid and since he wasn't delivered vaginally, it couldn't get squeezed out. Sounds like you OB is monitoring it good and I'm sure if it turns into a problem, he won't let you go much further. My OB didn't seemed too concerned about it either. It sounded like something that was pretty common. My son turned out perfectly fine and your LO will be fine too. Hang in there! I worry about everything too. You'll be holding your baby soon!! Almost there!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),PAL Grad Kellan Lester (9-16-10)!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I met through a series of interesting twists. We both joined Match.com in the same month. My husband joined to meet someone to go to mo...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.