Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!... Yellow Team
rosecole posted:
It's a boy!!

Short: Cade Owen was born March 17 at 3:57pm. Weighing in at 8lbs and was 20 3/4 inches long.

Long:
We got to the hospital at 6:30 in the moring to start the induction. We got into our room at 6:50 and they started my IV for fluids and antibotic for Group B. My first cervix check was at 7:30 and I was at 1 1/2 cm dilated. So at 8am they started Cytotec which is a pill they put up in your cervix. It is suppose to give you cramp like contractions. They had me walk from 10 to 10:30 and then the doc was going to come break my water at 11:30. All the contractions I was having was cramp like and they were not bothering me. I was getting them about every 2 to 3 mins apart. When the doc broke my water at 11:30 I was a strechy 3 cm dialated. The nurse didn't like how close my contractions were coming so she had me lay on my side in the bed. The did help to spread them out. She said the baby didn't like that is wasn't get rest inbetween the contractions. We did another check at 1:00 and I was a solid 3 cm dilated. The doc wanted to get my contractions stronger so we started pitosin at 1:45. The nurse put me on the smallest dose because she knew it would not take much to get things going. That did do the trick. My contractions were a lot stronger and getting painful. The nurse wanted me back in the bed so I could be on my side to get the baby into position. My cervix was still far back and they knew if we could get past that small hump I would go fast. She checked me again at 2:30 and I was at 4 cm. I kept getting out of the bed because it was just to painful to stay in the bed. I also had to keep going to the bathroom so I would either stand or go to the "birthing" ball. Then the nurse would come back in and have me get back into bed. I did have a nursing change so between 3 and 3:30 I had both nurses helping me. The second nurse would not let me get out of bed because they knew having me on my side would get the baby going. They check me again at 3:20 and I was between 5-6 cm. They told me if I started feeling pressure to let them know. I started feeling fast. They checked me about 10 min later and I was 6 to 7 cm. That is when the started calling the doctor to get her back to the hospital. They knew at this point is wouldn't take long. The contractions were getting painful and my nurse was wonderful and had me breathe with her through them. My nurse then wanted me to switch to my other side. Once I got to my back I started feeling the urge to push. They told me not to as my doctor was not there yet. I did my best to breathe through them, but I did push a little here and there. Finally the doctor arrived. Once she was in the room I started pushing. When she sat down they had to have me move to the end of the bed. By the time I got there I had one more push and the head was out. She had me stop to clean the mouth and nose. One more push and he was out! I went from 5cm to complete in a little over 30 mins!! Once again I did it all without any drugs!! (most proud of that!!). I really only had to push two or three time. We didnt do any of the "counting" as it wasn't needed. I was so shocked he was a boy. I was so sure I was having a girl that we didn't even have a boys named picked out. Shortly after he was born, Nate and I were throwing some names out. All the ones I had kind of liked going in just didn't fit him. Then Nate threw out the name Cade. I took one look at him and thought it fit. Then a few mins later Nate said Cade Owen. I loved it. I wanted to sleep on it before we decided since we had just thought of it. Later the next day we decided that would be his name! We are all doing well! Cade did lose some weight, but now that my milk is in he is gaining again!! Good luck to everyone and hope you have a great rest of pregnancy!!
Nicole(30) DH Nate(29) DS1 Luke(4) DS2 Alex(2) 3 EDD 3-21-11  One Boston Terrier Furbaby Jack(5)  Yellow Team!!!

hisangelface responded:
Congratulations! Enjoy your three little men!
Me (33) and DH (33). We have wonderful twin boys born May 2008 and are expecting our 3rd son. My EDD is June 13th, 2011. Go BLUE team!

Jackie86401 responded:
Congrats!!! So glad you had an easy delivery!!!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Nicole, you have 3 boys now! I hope you still hang out in this community and also join the Parenting and Baby's First Year .
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

mindy48875 responded:
congratulations on the birth of Cade! Howe exciting! And 3 boys! Wow! They got you outnumbered huh? So glad your birth went so smoothly and easy! Congrats to your family again!
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

osamuel08 responded:
Congrats and welcome to the world of three boys :) We are expecting our third boy any day now so you are in good company! I've actually seen a lot of women on here expecting their third boy... maybe it's a trend, lol! Anyway, I love the name and I hope the family is adjusting well.

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

Jhawkchick responded:
Congrats Nicole!! I couldn't be happier for you. 3 boys?!?! That's amazing. Sounds like a fun house for sure!! Best of luck to you and your family.
Me (30), DH (30), Fur Baby: Nugget(Shih-tzu/poodle, 1), Alexa (Lexi) Belle due 3/30/2011

MrsPiper responded:
Congratulations! As a fellow mama of many boys (4) I know how much fun it is!! And what a great name. :) Enjoy your little man!

rosecole responded:
Thanks all!! Can't wait to read all your Birth Stories!!
Nicole(30) DH Nate(29) DS1 Luke(4) DS2 Alex(2) 3 EDD 3-21-11 One Boston Terrier Furbaby Jack(5) Yellow Team!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl)

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.