Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Ugh pregnancy is so frustrating...
melissah210 posted:
Im sure it happens but I swear I would have been in labor or popped out a baby by now. I went in to the hospital last night and I was 2-3 centimeters dialated and having contractions every 3 mins but since i hadnt progressed in dilalation they sent me home with some percocets.. I had contractions ALL night and felt like they were stronger from when I was in the hospital but I took the pill and got a little sleep and had a few contractions here and there but dont know if I was experiencing more but couldnt tell cause of the percocet..

anyways.. I have decided to not take it anymore after that 1 i took at 2 am.. Yeah i dont want to be in pain but I dont like not knowing if im in pain (if that makes sense).. Never thought I would say it but i wanna feel the pain so i know whats going on with my body..

So my contractions seems like they just up and went away, i get a few here and there but nothing to serious and its frustrating from going to feel like im going to have him to nothing. I have done walking and exercising today and nothing...

I swear the percocet scared the contractions and baby..lol

I have a feeling it will all come back around 12-2 am thats moreless the same time my girls were knocking on the door to come out and play.

hisangelface responded:
It can be frustrating. A good friend of mine had relatively constant contractions for a good week and a half. She went to her 39 week check-up (on a Wednesday) to find out she was dilated 4cm. She only ended up giving birth the following Monday... yes 5 days later! By the time she got to the hospital it was less than 2 hours before the baby was born, though. So, I guess there was a positive side to it all.

Hopefully your LO will decide to pay you a visit soon. How far along are you? Sending you lots a labor vibes... may it be short and easy!
Me (33) and DH (33). We have wonderful twin boys born May 2008 and are expecting our 3rd son. My EDD is June 13th, 2011. Go BLUE team!

melissah210 replied to hisangelface's response:
I have 35 weeks and 2 days.

The doctors said at 35 weeks they dont stop the contractions.. I had both my daughters at 38 wks but I have had this feeling for awhile that Im not going to make it to even 38 wks with #3..

I know weird things happen when your pregnant but I am seriously having trouble understanding how i went from strong contractions every 3 mins to pretty much none today.. I swear the percacet stopped my progression..Atleast thats what im blaiming it on...

hisangelface replied to melissah210's response:
Well, it might be a good thing that the percacet stopped the contractions. Giving birth at a little over 35 weeks is still really early. Hopefully you can hold out another week or two to make sure all is well with your LO. As difficult as the end of pregnancy can be, it would be much more difficult to not be able to leave the hospital with your LO because he/she came too early.

Hang in there! I hope all goes well with your delivery once the time comes...
Me (33) and DH (33). We have wonderful twin boys born May 2008 and are expecting our 3rd son. My EDD is June 13th, 2011. Go BLUE team!

rangerchick responded:
I had my son at 35 1/2 weeks and he was in the hospital for 9 days and I had to leave with out him so be glad that it was stopped. Before 36 weeks they are considered preemie and there is so much more you need to think about for that 1st year.

sdadkin responded:
I had my first son at exactly 37 weeks and he had to stay in the NICU for 6 days because his lungs weren't fully developed. The lungs are the last major thing to develop and I have heard that it takes boys longer to develop than girls. I know it's rough, but try to stick it out for a few more weeks! It is the worst feeling having to leave the hospital without your baby
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

lestersgirls responded:
I had my son by c-section at 36 weeks due to failure of multiple non-stress tests and other factors. At the time, I was so done with being pregnant, I was actually relieved that he was coming already. But, after sitting in the hospital for a week watching him breathe with the help of a machine and wondering if he was going to be okay, I feel bad for wishing he would come early. That was way worse than being miserable being pregnant.
I know it is frustrating, but your LO will be here before you know it. Hang in there!
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),PAL Grad Kellan Lester (9-16-10)!

RockerMommie responded:
I had my son and 37weeks 1 day and we had to stay an extra day due to him being born with respitory distress syndrom. Keepings my legs crossed hopeing for this one not to try to come out early!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.