Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Bloodwork Question
An_216805 posted:
I've been told by women who have had children that when you are pregnant they "test you for eveything" - is this true? I recently found out I'm pregnant and am suddenly anxious about absolutely everything, and wondering if they test you for all STDs when you go in. If so, at what point do they do this?

lestersgirls responded:
I know when I had my daughters, they tested me at about 10 weeks. I know it was during the first trimester. I had SOOO MUCH bloodwork with my son, they may have tested early also. I know they did it during third tri with him also. My husband and I had literally just started dating when I got pregnant with my first daughter. When they called to tell me I had Clamydia (sp?) , I absolutely freaked out! I had to take a pill and so did he and that was it. They did do an ultrasound to make sure baby was okay.
Steffanie (37),Lester (30), DD1 (8-14-03), DD2 (4-12-05), Angel Baby @6 weeks (6-17-08),PAL Grad Kellan Lester (9-16-10)!

heat4heather responded:
At my first prenatal appointment (at 6 weeks) they did a Pap, which included all of the general testing (STD, etc) and sent me to a lab for bloodwork, which included a ton of tests. I think it's pretty standard to get all of those tests at your first appointment.
-- First baby due 5/10/2011 --

llilyb2317 responded:
I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks and had a PAP as well as a ton of bloodwork for STDs, etc. at my first prenatal appointment.

rangerchick responded:
It is usually at your 1st appt. My dr asked me which tests I wanted and I declined all STD tests because I have only been with DH and he with me so I did not see the point of all of the tests.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah and my husband and I are excited for our second son! We feel blessed with the one we have know and grateful after 2 miscarriages that...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.