Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
Sigma3rc74 posted:
Short version -- Kaitlyn Mae was born March 30 at 5:46am weighing in at 9.3 lbs and 21.75 inches long.

Long version -- We were scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, March 29 (10 days after our due date) and arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am. Started with IV meds around 9am and got to about 4 cm rather quickly and then stalled. Dr. indicated that if we didn't get past 4cm at next check we'd talk about a C Section because maybe there was a reason she wasn't moving down and causing me to dilate more.
At next check (around 8pm) I had gotten to 8cm. By 3am I was at 10 cm and it was time to push.
After about 90 minutes of pushing it was obvious that she wasn't coming that way - my pelvis wasn't able to accommodate her. So, we were going for a C Section anyway.
When they delivered her and said she was much bigger than they anticipated and that the cord had been wrapped around her shoulder. I was surprised at her size!!
I saw her briefly before she went off to the nursery to get cleaned up - DF went with her and then met me in recovery. I finally got to see her and hold her around 9:45 once we were in our room in Post Delivery. She roomed with us from then until we were discharged today around 1pm. (We could have stayed until Sunday, but I saw no reason. We'd be more comfortable at home and could get started on a routine)
Other than having to deal with the side effects of the C/S, I also have some effects of the pushing too - almost like the worst of both worlds.
But, the goal was healthy baby and healthy mom and we reached that goal and are enjoying getting to know each other and settling into a routine for our small family. Mom, Dad and Kaitlyn are all doing well and will enjoy our first night home together as a family!
Rayna (36), DF (35), EDD 3/19/2011

melissah210 responded:
Glade everything came out good. Congratulations on everything.

osamuel08 responded:
Congrats Rayna! I've been thinking of you and glad to hear all is well with her. Ugh, stupid cord problems with induction, they seem to happen so often Sorry to hear you are having to recover from both pushing and c/s. That can't be fun. Enjoy that sweet little baby with your DF these days really are golden.
I am right behind you this week! See you on the parenting boards soon

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Rayna! Kaitlyn is a beautiful name too! You can stay with us and also join Parenting , or Baby's First Year!
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

mindy48875 responded:
congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about the c-section but it sounds like she was a big girl! Hope you recover well and enjoy these days with your new little one
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

wmatto83 responded:
Congrats to you!! It does suck that you had to do all that pushing jsut to have a c-section anyways but glad you ar eboth healthy. She sounds like a big baby although she had lots of time to "cook" being that she was 10 days late!
Me (27) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

Sigma3rc74 responded:
Thanks, ladies! We've been getting acclimated to each other and working on a nursing schedule. I already can't believe she'll be a week old tomorrow! She has her 1st Dr appointment in the morning...
My biggest complaint is the leg swelling. From what I've read, it should go away within another week or so - it's just so umcomfortable & annoying!
Rayna (36), DF (35), EDD 3/19/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'll try to keep it short! About two years ago, my dr. told me that I might not be able to get pregnant or I may have a very hard time conceiving...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.