Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
    • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
    Went backwards in progression?!
    jedmonds12 posted:
    I didn't know this could happen, but apparently it can...

I got checked at 35w2d and was 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced.

I got checked just this past Friday when I was 37w4d, and I'm no longer dilated or effaced!! Plus, baby is way up high and showing no signs of coming down anytime soon.

At this point, I would have expected a little progress, especially because of all the BHC I've been having, but no. I guess I'm supposed to stay pregnant for a while longer. Baby's running out of room in there but not calming down much; he still rolls around all day, only now it puts very painful pressure on my ribs and bladder.

Just wanted to get that off my chest (or belly, as it were). Is anyone else familiar with this backwards progression? Could I still make my due date with no progress at this point?
    Julie (27), DF (34).  Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

jedmonds12 responded:
    I had another appointment yesterday (38w1d) and apparently I'm dilated again, to 1.5 cm. What's up with the back and forth? Hoping to make more progress now and not close up again, lol!
    Julie (27), DF (34). Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

osamuel08 replied to jedmonds12's response:
    Never heard of this Julie so I can't really comment but it is def interesting! Was it the same ob? And in terms of progression, I know you can still have this baby on time, in fact you could have no progress at all and have the baby that night. Just really depends on your body :)

HTH

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) edd 4/7/11 blue team

Spotlight: Member Stories

By day, I'm a 7th grade teacher. By night, I'm a mommy and wife. I have a 19 month old daughter named Elena. On March 3rd, my second daughter,...More

Helpful Tips

diapers
    Extra 15% off for Diapers.com and Soap.com with code xtra15off More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 11 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.