Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Share Your Advice: Pregnancy and Depression!
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
I was so happy during my first pregnancy but my third pregnancy was a completely different animal, I suffered from a bad case of depression during the entire pregnancy. If you are suffering from depression, WebMD has some information that might help.

Are you trying to deal with depression during this pregnancy?

What advice do you have to help alleviate depression during pregnancy?
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone

chaquita1230 responded:
I had PPD after my second, and chose to just stay on the med..zoloft. Then when i got pregnant this time, i needed to up the dose bc the hormones screwed me up bad, Now i am very stable again and should be on top of any PPD this time around. My advice if you are already showing depression tell your OB so they can adjust the dose before baby comes to avoid PPD.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to chaquita1230's response:
I completely agree, Chaquita. I refused to admit I had some depression difficulties. I know to look for those signs too. Many women have PPD and never realize it could be an issue.
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

katiecutie responded:
My advice:
Find something you love and do it! Mine is music. I've been songwriting and performing at shows through my entire pregnancy. I've also moved across the country during this pregnancy, my husband is deployed and will be gone for the birth, and I have never lived all by myself before this!! So you can imagine how stressed I am (actually most of you can't). Music has been the one thing keeping my sane!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Erin. I'm 24 and my DH is 24. We got married Dec. 2, 2006. We have one dog whose name is Fang. He's a spoiled brat! We started TTC ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.