Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Annoying stomach bug
rangerchick posted:
Well Sunday morning I woke up puking and had 1 instance of diarrhea (DS had diarrhea last week) so I went to L&D because contractions had also started. I got an IV, phenegran shot, pills for diarrhea and labs pulled to check on a bunch of stuff and it was determined to be viral. Monday I rested all day and Tuesday I went back to OBGYN. I was feeling fine until mid afternoon Tuesday when I got nauseous again and took another phenegran, and hour later I vomited again. Last night I had a great night's sleep, DH took DS to preschool this morning and I figured I had a good morning of rest, nope. When I got up to use the rest room I had diarrhea again! I am barely peeing and when I do it is dark so I know I am getting dehydrated and I am only 32 weeks along so I have to suffer through this for my little one but I want to eat real food and water makes me gag right now. I have an NST scheduled today at the hospital so at least I can get stuff taken care of again I just worry they are going to make me stay overnight (it was an option Sunday night).

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Rangerchick,

I am so sorry you are feeling yucky. :( Please keep us updated.
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

rangerchick replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Actually besides having to run to the bathroom every few hours I feel fine currently. I have been constipated my entire pregnancy so this is totally different for me. I did read something that constipation can lead to diarrhea so maybe this is just my body trying to get stuff fixed finally. Or maybe I just drank too many liquids the last few days. I just hope I can make the 15 min. drive to the hospital, I tried to drive yesterday and only made it 3 min before nausea turned me back.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 18 years old and pregnant with my first child...i wouldn't say i was the perfect mam, i have made mistakes throughout my pregnancy but im ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.