Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
osamuel08 posted:
Short: Truman Sinclair arrived 4/9/11 at 11:34p, weighing 6lbs 13ozs, 20 in long.

Long: I was supposed to be induced at 6am on Friday but the hospital was full! So we were bumped to the 9th. We went in and started with 1/2 cytotech and meds for GBS. A few hours and what felt like a thousand walks later, I was given 1/4 cytotech another dose of meds for GBS and I was registering at 3cm and 80% eff. Once the second bag of meds were in my system, they broke my water and active labor started without the need for pit, hooray! Well a few hours later I felt the peaky contractions coming every two mins or so and got my epi. What a relief! A few hours later I could feel that pressure and urge to push and sure enough I was at 10cm. I pushed just three times and he was born. He is my smallest little guy despite having been the longest to "cook". He is doing great except he seems to have days and nights confused. Nursing well and keeping up okay given my milk is coming in, ouch. I am doing fine aside from a little engorgement.

Thanks for your support all this time ladies and I'll lurk for awhile cheering you on :)

Jen (35) DH (35) DS (5) DS (2) DS (3 days)

mmmstar8806 responded:
congratulations!!! i'm glad you got around with no pitocin...whoo for that! =)
Me (23), DF (22), DS-Carter Egan (1), BFP 11/3, EDD 7/4/11 Blue Team-Mason Reed!!

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Truman Sinclair!! And Congratulations to Mommy and family!!

So happy for you, Jen. Sounds like your delivery went well with only 3 big pushes! Wow!

I nursed my babies as well, and can relate to the "ouch". Glad to hear it's going well for you and Truman is nursing well. Have you visited our Breastfeeding Support Group community?

Thanks so much for staying to cheer your fellow mommies on. It's a great bond to have and happy that you found support here. I bet you'll also love our Baby's First Year Community !

Congrats, once again!! We want pics! :)

~Andie
Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother's Love - Maureen Hawkins

mindy48875 responded:
So glad to hear it went well! I was thinking about you last week. Is everything okay with the baby's kidneys??? And I'm glad to hear that you didn't have to have the pitocin either! That's awesome!
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

wmatto83 responded:
Congrats to you and your family!!! Glad everyone is happy & healthy!
Me (27) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations Jen!! Sounds like it was a relatively straight-forward birth. Yay for no pitocin! I'm happy for you and your family :)
Julie (27), DF (34). Our little boy is due 4/18/11!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 24yo stay at home mom of DD-Kelsey Paige born 7/4/10. Have been married to my high school sweetheart for 5yrs & we are expecting a baby boy...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.