Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Irrational fears....
carolinasu8 posted:
...I know I have plenty. For instance, everytime I'm on the toilet I'm scared my baby will just fall out - especailly if I'm doing number 2 : ) I know that's crazy - my husband tells me to just keep flushing so the baby will fall into a clean toilet - he's obviously messing with me. But what irrational fears do y'all have?

alb7585 responded:
That I will forget about new baby and be overly focused on DS. I am totally worried about the change in my relationship with DS so it scares me. But I had a dream I left baby in the car and took DS in teh house and then DF got home and asked me where she was and I left her in the car :-(

wmatto83 responded:
I have the one about the toliet too! LOL! My other one is Shaken Baby!!! I don't know about the rest of you and your doctors and hospitals but our hospital freaking terrifies you to the point where I am afraid to pick up my baby wrong or rock him wrong, etc. in fear his Brain will turn to jello! AAHHH!!!
Me (27) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

carolinasu8 responded:
This is my first but I'm sure I'll have the fear of neglect with the 2nd!!!

I'm so glad someone else has the toilet fear!!! I feel so silly for it.

I haven't heard anything about shaking yet but knowing myself I'll be so dang careful with him shaking/holding him weirdly won't even cross my mind!!! Although I do worry about bumps in the road shaking him in the womb!

shoxy responded:
I also think about the bumps in the road shaking her. The other day we hit a few and she elbowed me hard. lol. But my biggest fear is that she will come out a boy now that I have almost finished painting her room along w/a mural and bought all these interchangable hair bows and headbands and clothes.
me-29, DH-30, EDD-6/11/11, PINK team!

carolinasu8 replied to shoxy's response:
HAHA I know my mom has apparently bought something that is extremely boy-specific and she keeps saying, "he's definitely a boy right?!" I can tell by your belly in your avatar picture that it's a girl though!

Supergurl17 replied to shoxy's response:
I have the same fear, I have had 2 ultrasounds saying it's a girl but I keep thinking she'll come out a boy just cause the nursery is pink now and we have all this girl stuff, hopefully my 3D ultrasound on Tuesday will put those fears to rest. :)

katiecutie replied to shoxy's response:
I'm afraid of my baby being born with a penis!
And the worst part about this fear is that he's a boy! In the ultrasound it looked huge!! (the tech zoomed in obviously, but STILL). I told my husband that I hope its really really small and he got offended, asking me if I wanted our kid to have low self esteem or something... LOL. I told him its aloud to grow after I officially never have to see it again.

carolinasu8 replied to katiecutie's response:
HAHAHA Katie that is HILARIOUS!!!! That's a typical male reaction huh?! I'm worried about the penis too, but that I'm going to get it infected after the circumcision!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have an 11 yr old son and i just gave birth 2/26/10 to my baby girl. (both were a little over 10lbs at birth) it was an amazing experience and i pos...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.