Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
need to vent
An_216815 posted:
Well ladies it has been one hell of a bad day. I had to go for a fetal echocardiogram because they were suspecting that the baby has an coarctation of the aorta or that the left side of her hurt is much smaller than the right. We had this test done in January and were told she was fine and to come back at 36 weeks. So we went back and a different dr told us she was concerned that there is a problem. So now at 36 weeks I have to go to a new ob and go to a new hospital to deliver. Now I'm totally stressed out about the baby's health and also seeing a new dr this late in the game. I know I should be happy because John Hopkins is one of the best hospitals around and i know they will take good care of my LO, but i can't help but be stressed.

carolinasu8 responded:
And no one would blame you for being stressed!!!! I think we all worry, whether there's something wrong or not, that there is something wrong. Unfortunately I don't think that ever goes away... Changing doctors and hospitals does suck but if you get a happy healthy baby girl out of it it'll all be worth it. Just hang in there and keep us posted!

zabroza86 responded:
I had to been seen by one of those doctors since I had open heart surgery when I was younger but was later cleared. Now I'm wondering if I should make another appointment with him and check out my LO's heart again. I'll bring that up to my OB on my next appointment.

An_216816 responded:
Thanks. I really appreciate the support. I had my first appointment there with a nurse to get all my medical history. The more I am dealing with them the more unhappy I feel. The baby is brech and me and my other ob had been discussing a c section. The nurse at this appointment told me that they would prefer to try and turn the baby than do a c section, but that's not what I really want. I've talked to several people who attempted to have the baby turned and they said it was painful and the baby flipped back before the delivery. She also yelled at me for not weighing enough. I was 170 when I started this pregnancy but lost weight in the first trimester and I've been consistantly 167 the whole pregnancy. I asked my old OB about this and she said she wasn't concerned about my weight cause the baby was growing properly. I'm so confused now and feel like I've just been doing the wrong things.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: My name is Summer and I'm 29 yo. My DH and I have been married for almost 2 & half years but we will have been together for a total ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.