Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Need Some Names
cdjd82406 posted:
My doctor thinks that I might be having twins. And we have a name picked out if it is a boy but not a girl name. I am at a loss here. I am trying to not name my kids with the same letter. I already have daughters named Ashleigh, Brooke (which I call mainly by her middle name Cheyenne), Jennifer, and Emily. I also have a son named Marcus.
If this baby is a boy, we are planning on using the name Ryan but I really don't know where to go from there as far as a girl name. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

carolinasu8 responded:
Some of my faves are Savannah, Charlotte and Natalie. I'm having a boy so you can take these ; ) Good luck!!

hisangelface responded:
Is there a reason why your doctor "thinks" you are having twins and doesn't know for sure? My the third trimester it would be impossible for another baby to "hide"in an u/s.

I am stumped for a boy's name since I already used my two favorites. But, if we had a girl we were thinking... Sarah, Kimberlee, Kaylie...

Have fun hunting for names!
Me (33) and DH (33). We have wonderful twin boys born May 2008 and are expecting our 3rd son. My EDD is June 13th, 2011. Go BLUE team!

GigglingSoul replied to hisangelface's response:
I was wondering the same thing? About the U/S and "thinks" twins? If you truly are in the third trimester I might consider finding an OB that can identify twins when they see them!!
Kimberly(28), DH(38), DD(3), DD(EDD 06.19.11) Gestational Hypertension, Thyroid issues, Bed Rest @ 30wks

cdjd82406 replied to GigglingSoul's response:
When we found out that I was pregnant we thought that I wasn't that far along because I had several tests come up with a BFN. Then we moved from NC back to FL. This will also be the first sonogram that I am having during this pregnancy. Where I go they only do one sonogram and that is the one to let the mother to be know what she is having and to check the baby and make sure that he/she is growing properly.

GigglingSoul replied to cdjd82406's response:
ahhh! So you haven't HAD the sonogram yet!! That makes sense!! LOL

Wow- that could be very cool. Let us know!!

As for girl names... Kylie, Kira, Hayleigh, Hadley... babyzone.com has a cool poll thing that you can do to get feedback on names.

Good luck! (I still haven't figured out a name either)
Kimberly(28), DH(38), DD(3), DD(EDD 06.19.11) Gestational Hypertension, Thyroid issues, Bed Rest @ 30wks

hisangelface replied to cdjd82406's response:
I am still confused. If you haven't had an u/s yet, what makes your OB think you might be carrying twins? How far along are you?

There are no clear cut signs that indicate twins other than seeing two heartbeats or babies in an u/s. I find it interesting how OB's throw around the "you might be having twins" for no good reason...

I hope you get what you are hoping for. Good luck at your u/s!
Me (33) and DH (33). We have wonderful twin boys born May 2008 and are expecting our 3rd son. My EDD is June 13th, 2011. Go BLUE team!

wichelmana replied to hisangelface's response:
According to her last posts, she's about 30/31 weeks, but measuring around 33 weeks. (Due July 7th)

Anyways, OP, if you were having twins, I think you'd be measuring MUCH larger at 30/31 weeks. I wouldn't know, but again, that'd just be my guess...At my 32 week appointment, I was measuring at 33/34 weeks, and we know for sure that there's only one munchkin in there, and we know that his due date cannot be off, considering I conceived only weeks after I had my IUD taken out.

Good luck at your u/s, however! Hoping that baby, or babies if it does so happen to be that case, are healthy!

And as far as names go...haha, I'm not sure what to tell you considering we're having a hell of enough time trying to pick our boys name. We may end up going into L D without one, which may be for the best. That way we get to see baby, and see which name fits him better.
Amanda[22], DH[25], DD[19mo], 3 BFPs: Oct 3rd and 4th,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Blue team! Eighth Appt. May 10th

cdjd82406 responded:
I am 30 weeks today. When she was measuring me, she felt a head down by my c-section scar and then felt a head by my left ribs. She also felt feet in my right ribs. Plus, no matter where she moved the doppler, we could hear an echo of a heartbeat and it definitely wasn't mine.

wmatto83 responded:
Wow good luck with your u/s and your baby or babies!!! We are having a boy so you can have our girl name Mia Joan. Keep us posted!
Me (28) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'll try to keep it short! About two years ago, my dr. told me that I might not be able to get pregnant or I may have a very hard time conceiving...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful