Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
need some advice
melissiahead posted:
I just moved into my 3rd trimester and my ob sent me to the charipractor because of sever back pain and headaches my doctor has already told me they were going to induce early because of the baby is putting too much stress on me but now the charaptactor told me that my neck and lower back curve to the left and that there is no way I can get relief and that the toxins in my body are collecting around my spine and that I need to make sure I tell my ob about this my husband really does not want me to be induced because he is affraid the baby will have problems if they take her to early what should I do?

reb_hun responded:
well it's not going to do you or the baby any good if you're getting sick... if you're body is doing this to you, it's probably a sign that baby will need to come out soon. with all of the advances in medicine, i'm sure she'll be ok if they have to take her early. :) have him come to the next appt you have and ask questions, they'll be able to answer you and relieve any concerns you may have. good luck.

melissiahead replied to reb_hun's response:
the headaches have gotten worse now my ob has me taking tylenol3 and 3hrs later taking a tylenol and in 3 hrs starting over. I have not been able to sleep woke up at 2:30 this morning sweating and then at 6:15 with the chills and a bad headache again. I wear a hat and dark sunglasses when I have to go outside because my head hurts so bad.I have trouble putting on my shoes because my feet are so swollen. I dont go back to the ob till the 24 of this month.

marchbabee replied to melissiahead's response:
You need to call your doctor and be seen before your appt on the 24th. This sounds serious, and they need to do something else for you...the swolleness is concerning. I know you feel like you've been on the phone non-stop with your doc, but something else needs to be done. That is my opinion...I'm no doctor :)

melissiahead replied to marchbabee's response:
called my ob and he wasnts me to go to the er to get checked by bp has been 142/84 and going up and my pulse has been 96 and going up and that was taken after a long period of rest so he wants to get the baby checked been vomiting since yesterday ofter meals so here I go to get checked

I'm glad you made the call. Now, hopefully, the docs can figure out what's going on. KUP and GL!

gave me a pain pill and sent me home and that was it I didn't go in for the headache but that was what they tried to treat told me if I was still having problems to follow up with my ob today but I didn't think they did a very good job of tring to find out what was going on so we will see how today goes.

Grrrr....how frustrating! Does your doc have any other suggestions for who to see? The blood pressure and swelling compounded with the headache should be a sign of something :( I'm no doctor, but I couldn't imagine living with the pain you have been. I know how bad heads can hurt, I used to get migraines!

So went back to the ob yesterday he said as soon as the baby's lungs get developed better that he is going to induce. The headaches have gotten worse again and the vision problems have gotten worse and the chiropractor told me that there is nothing that he can do for me because of the shape my neck and back are in so my ob told me to just hang in there in tell everything developes on the baby and not to hesitate to call if I have any problems.

mokuley replied to melissiahead's response:
Did the doctor say at what point he felt comfortable with the baby's lung development in order to induce. I would guess the earliest is 35-36 weeks, but that is still a preterm baby. Good luck. I really hope things get somehow better for you.
ME (29), DH (29), DD (2), DD (1), EDD Aug 19

melissiahead replied to mokuley's response:
Thank you and no he did not say but he has increased my dr visits and is keeping a close eye on us the bad thing is that when I get up in the morning I cant get my shoes or socks on because my feet are so swollen and it just gets worse as the day goes on even propping them does not help they still just get worse. My vital signs are still high but that is just something that I will live with until the babys lungs get developed. My husband is not real sure about me being induced early because he is worried about the baby and says that I should just tough it out till my due date but like my ob said the stress on me is not good for the baby either because it will put stress on her so what do I do?

This is just crazy! How terrible that your doc just wants you to tough it out! Some of those symptoms could be related to something bigger, but I'm sure your doc has already run the gambot of tests on you, so unfortunately it seems to be the only thing you can do. You will need to deliver early because you can't live with this pain :( KUP on how things are going for you!

My husband is the one that wants me to tough it out till my due date because he is worried about the baby. My doc has already said he was inducing though my husband is just so worried because all you ever hear about is the bad stories. Will keep eerybody posted.

elenasmommie replied to melissiahead's response:
I just wanted to let you know that I was induced at 36 weeks due to preclampsia and my DD was perfect! She had absolutely no issues what so ever. Not all inductions have bad endings. If your doctor didn't think it was the best option, he would not do it. I hope your doctor can help your husband calm his nerves some and not stress you out. Sounds like you have enough of that going on already. Good luck

AJ__Sparrow responded:
My son was induced at 36 weeks too (because they thought he wasn't growing well enough, and also because they suspected I might be getting preeclampsia), and he was fine when he was born. I had been worried about his lung development, but he started crying really hard the second he was out, and had no problems breathing at all. He was a bit small, but spent no time in the NICU, and we both got to leave after the usual 48 hours. I know how you and your husband might feel though, because I was really worried about him being born a month early. I'm sure your baby will be fine though.
Me, DH, DD (4/15/04), DS (1/29/08), and Number 3 (EDD 8/9/11. It's a girl!)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Terri and DH Rob were married on august 4th 2001 and we have 2 boys together and expecting a girl this time:) I also have four older children(adults n...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.