Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Mason's Birth Story
sdadkin posted:
Short: Mason Elias Clements was born May 3 at 2:47 pm. He was 7lb 15oz and 20 in long. His Apgar score was 9 both times.

I went in to be induced on May 2nd (was supposed to be there at 7:30, but they called and said they were too busy and I ended up getting called back in around 10). When I got there they hooked up my IV and started the Pitocin but I was only dilated 2 still. They kept upping the Pitocin, but I wasn't progressing. My Ob came in around 4 and told me she was going to stop the Pitocin and give me Cervidil to soften my cervix and restart the Pitocin after the Cervidil had been in around 12 hours. I got to eat finally and get a little rest.

They took the Cervidil out at 6 am the following day and started the Pitocin at 7. At 8:45 my Ob came in and broke my water and I was dilated 3. Immediately after she did that my contractions really picked up. They were coming every 3 mins. An hour and a half later I got my epidural and I was 3-4 cm dilated. That was at 10:45 and they checked me again at 1:00 and I was dilated 8! Less than an hour later I was complete. I started pushing around 2:15 and after only a few pushes Mason was born at 2:47.

Mason is already a week old and is doing great. By the second day at the hospital he was latching on great and eating 10 min on each side every 2-3 hours. He has a little bit of Jaundice, but it's starting to get better.

Big brother Carter (22 months) calls him "my baby" and gives him kisses. He is a little bit jealous and acts out sometimes, but we have been trying to give him a lot of attention and it seems to be helping.

I am loving being a mommy of two boys!
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

mrslee97658 responded:
Congrats!
Me Ruth (27), DH (43), DS1(11), DD (8), DS2(5),DS3(3), number 5 and DS4 edd 8/4/11

marchbabee responded:
Congratulations on your beautiful boy

wmatto83 responded:
I was waiting to hear your full birth story Congrats!!!
Me (28) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

mmmstar8806 responded:
Congratulations!!! I was anxious to read your birth story. Now I REALLY can't wait to have my Mason here so my Carter can (hopefully) love him up!
Me (23), DF (22), DS-Carter Egan (1), BFP 11/3, EDD 7/4/11 Blue Team-Mason Reed!!

MSettle78 replied to mmmstar8806's response:
Awe Congrats on the healthy sweet little boy
Marissa (22) Matt DH (23) Little Man due 07/11/11

sdadkin replied to mmmstar8806's response:
I have to be honest that it is kind of hard handling a 22 month old and a newborn. Carter has spent a lot of time with both sets of grandparents and when he comes back home he acts out and doesn't want to listen to us. We just try to act like it's not a big deal that there's a new baby in the house. We try to give him the same amount of attention that we used to. I'm sure it will get easier as we get into a routine.
Me (26) SO (26) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11) Blue Team!

mmmstar8806 replied to sdadkin's response:
well hopefully you can come back in a couple months and tell me it's easier! DS will only be 16 months by the time little mason is born. my SIL just had her 3rd and so far has gone out a couple days a week with just the 2 older ones to do something. (she's lucky the family likes babies. haha) but congrats again, and i'm sure things will get easier!
Me (23), DF (22), DS-Carter Egan (1), BFP 11/3, EDD 7/4/11 Blue Team-Mason Reed!!

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to sdadkin's response:
Congratulations and welcome to little Mason Elias! So happy to hear mom and baby are doing well.

I had two babies 22 months apart, too. But, I also had a 6yr old daughter that was able to help a little bit & loved playing mommy. It is tough, but they will grow up so close!

Have you checked out our Baby's 1st Year community yet? I bet some of the parents there or on one of our other Parenting Communities would have some great tips, too!

Congrats again!!

~Andie
You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment ~ Dave Barry

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.