Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Friday Five's - Do You.....?
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Time for a little fun with our Friday Five's. Every Friday I'll post 5 random questions, they may or may not be about pregnancy, and everyone posts their answers about themselves in the a reply.

Fun way to get to know each other! :)

Ok, here's this week's five:

1. Do you have insomnia now that you are pregnant?
2. Do you know when/where you conceived?
3. Do you plan to breast or bottle feed?
4. Do you talk to your baby?
5. Do you like being pregnant?

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing everyone's answers!

~Andie
You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment ~ Dave Barry

Supergurl17 responded:
1. No insomnia here...at least not yet.

2. Yes I can very clearly remember the night, everything about it, we actually joke about it to this day because we can remember what happened that night but we can't seem to remember our disagreement we were having before hand we just remember that we had been angry with each other all day and decided when I got home that night that we needed to sit and talk about it, needless to say there was no talking and obviously it wasn't important if neither of us remember what it was :)

3. Bottle feed.

4. Not so much, I talk to her when she is driving me nuts with the moving, I tell her to stop and then DF will lean over and nicely ask her to give mommy a break for a little bit.

5. I wouldn't say that I don't like it but I also wouldn't say that I do like it it has it's ups and downs. All I know is I'm definately ready to be done.

cdjd82406 responded:
Yep! Definitely have insomnia. I conceived around the beginning of Oct. I plan on breastfeeding, I talk to the baby all the time, and there are times when I like being pregnant and then there are the times when I hate it.

snh571 responded:
1. Yep, but I also have insomnia most of the time anyway. 2. Nope, to be honest we have been trying to figure out how we got pregnant in the first place. My DH has been on some medication which causes ED. So he hasent really been working cositantly for about a year and not at all for the last 6 months. 3. I am going to try and breast feed but with my medical history and medications I don't know if I am going to be able to. 4. No not normaly. But I can tell that she knows when I am talking about her. 5. No way, I've been on bed rest for 5 1/2 months, I am pretty done with it.

mmmstar8806 responded:
1. oh insomnia has hit. it hit around the same time with DS too.

2. exactly. hahaha. =) unfortunately for DF, DTD was few and far between, so it was quite easy when we found out how far along i was to figure it out.

3. bottle feeding, unless he's born early/some complication

4. not as much as i did with my first, but occasionally i do.

5. i thought i did, but this time has been SO much more difficult. i think i'm done after this one. adoption will be in the future if i REALLY want more children. =)
Me (23), DF (22), DS-Carter Egan (1), BFP 11/3, EDD 7/4/11 Blue Team-Mason Reed!!

mommyin2011 responded:
1. insomnia hasn't hit, but im do get up during the night now and then, but I've always been that way
2. I do remember the night we conceived. not sure if DH does, he was a little buzzed lol
3. breast fed for sure (im really hopping I can)?
4. I talk to him sometimes - mostly when he is kicking me too much :)
5. it took us so long to get pregnant that I feel bad saying I don't really like it. its very stressful to me not knowing what exactly he is doing in there or how he is. I just cant wait to meet my little man (11 more weeks)
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - 1st baby: EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

MrsPiper responded:
1. Maybe not insomnia, but sleep issues. I wake up to pee, but then hubby always has the tv on and I start watching whatever stupid infomercial is on and it takes me an hour (or more) to get back to sleep.
2. Late Oct. at home, making up after a big fight.
3. Planning to breastfeed- one of the great joys of mothering for me!
4. Yes.
5. There's so much about pregnancy that I love. I think the good outweighs the bad. I love knowing I am nurturing a new little person, I love feeling her movements and imagining the day she's born and holding her for the first time. I don't love my hideous, painful varicose veins... but it's a small price to pay. :)

wmatto83 responded:
1. Do you have insomnia now that you are pregnant? It is so weird I have had insomnia since I found out I was pregnant!! I cannot sleep more than two hours straight I think it is preparing me for motherhood.
2. Do you know when/where you conceived? We were trying so it was late September I knew when I was ovulating so it was no big story.
3. Do you plan to breast or bottle feed? Bottle Feed
4. Do you talk to your baby? No usually I just recently started thought cause I cannot drive more than 1/2 hour before he starts to give me incrediable pain cause his head is literally right about my pubic area! So then i tell him to please ease up on mommy!
5. Do you like being pregnant? No I can honestly say i don't. I am loving the fact that I am able to nourish and take care of something else but I don't like the worrying and the unknown. However it is a small price to pay and I will be willing to pay it again.
Me (28) DH (38) Fury sons Brittanys (both 4) EDD 6/17/2011 BLUE TEAM!!!

marchbabee responded:
1. Sometimes I have insomnia. I usually don't have trouble falling asleep, but if I get up to pee, sometimes I can't fall back to sleep.
2. Not sure when we conceived since we were DTD everyother day once my period was done :) But, I'm pretty sure it was at our house, since we weren't DTD anywhere else :)
3. I plan to breastfeed, so hopefully it works!
4. I talk to my baby all the time...my husband thinks I'm nuts. I'll sing in the shower, and tell him what we're doing with our day. I want him to recognize my voice when he comes out :)
5. I have thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant. Although there are defnitely some annoying aspects to it, I consider myself lucky b/c it's been a pretty easy pregnancy, and one that has stuck. I had 2 m/c before this one, so I count everyday as a blessing!

RockerMommie responded:
1. I have had insomnia for years now so this is nothing different.

2. After we found out how far along we were it was very easy to pin point the day!

3.Breast feed as long as everything goes according to plan,

4. Only when he is hurting me I will encourage him to stop beating up mommys belly.

5. I have enjoyed this pregnancy much more than I did with my DS#1, not sure that I "like" being pregnant but I guess its ok.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber. I'm 24 yrs old, and have been married for 4 1/2 yrs, and with DH for almost 6 yrs. I am currently pregnant with our 3rd child. I...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.