Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Pain in inner thigh / groin area
Junie6177 posted:
I am almost 34 weeks, and about a week ago I began having pain in my upper inner thigh area toward my goin area. I feel it to a milder degree while sitting, but it turns into a sharp pain when I turn over in bed, or get out of bed (or the car, or up from the couch, etc.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a doctor's appointment (and a 3D ultrasound- yay!) on Tuesday, and plan on asking my OB then. Just thought I'd ask you all though...
Me (33), DH (36), DS1 (15), DS2 (12), EDD (boy) 6-15-11

snh571 responded:
I have that too, my OB said it was normal and the only thing you can do is put up with it and it will go away after you deliver. Sorry I don't have any good news for ya.

RockerMommie responded:
I was told the same thing by my OB. Im 35 weeks today and have had it for weeks now. It only seems to be getting worse, Thank God I don't have much longer!!

An_216834 replied to RockerMommie's response:
My doctor refers to this as "round ligament pain", so if you are interested in doing further research, you might try searching with that term.

Good luck finding relief!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my current DH for almost 5 years. Have five kids with one on the way.

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful