Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Ian's full birth story
mindy48875 posted:
I have to add this little tid bit to start - as I think it may have played a part in my labor. But for lunch on Friday the 13th - a coworker and I decided to go to Korea House and get the Spicy Chicken special. And boy was it spicy! All during lunch we kept making comments about how it was going to put me into labor b/c it was so spicy.....hmmm.....

Well - I got home from work and was going to go out and start mowing our yard. But dh wouldn't let me b/c it was to hot and he didn't want me doing that kind of work out in the heat. So I took our other 2 boys outside to play and pulled some weeds instead. Well - when I stood up from pulling some weeds I felt a little trickle. I wasn't sure what this was so I went inside to check it out. Well - it wasn't urine and it wasn't discharge...I had a a hard time believing it was my water since it never broke on its own. I went back outside and started to pull some more weeds. Then...i felt it again. So I went and got my dh and told him that I thought my water had broke - but i wasn't sure b/c it was just trickling. This was all so weird to me. Not only had my water never broken on it's own with my other 2 boys...but I was overdue with both of them. And here I was at 38 weeks - and planning on going past my due date again. I decided, since I had nothing packed or ready, that I should at least pack the boys overnight bag just in case. This whole time I wasn't having contractions at all so we just hung out at home the rest of the night. Well - at 11 I finally decided to go to bed and get some rest. I just kept preparing for the contractions to come and I wanted to make sure I was rested. At 12:30am I woke up to a trickle down my leg again. So I got up to go the the bathroom and as soon as I stood up out of bed POP!!! And gush! Now my water had fully broken! My dh jumped out of bed b/c he didn't know what had happened. When I told him that now my water had finally broken he couldn't believe how loud it was. It woke him up out of his sleep! I thought that now - my contractions would finally start - but nope - they did not. My dh was freaking out now b/c gushes and gushes of water kept pouring out of me. He wanted to go to the hospital but I didn't want to since I wasn't even contracting yet. Plus, my water was clear so I knew everything was okay. Now I thought I better pack my hospital bag....
Around 2 I laid back down to bed to try to get some more rest. I had towels and towels piled up around me so I wouldn't make a mess on our bed. Well - finalloy at 530 my contractions started. They started to get real intense around 7am so i woke up dh and told him to get the boys up so we could take them to my moms and head on into the hospital. I was still able to handle my contractions when we dropped the kids off but once we got on the expressway to the hospital - they were coming one on top of each other - it was AWFUL!!!
So we get checked in and I'm screaming for an epidural - only to find out that I'm only 3cm dialated. WHAT???? No way! I had made it to 8 cm before without an epidural with my last pregnancy and the contractions were not as bad as these. I just couldn't believe it. The nurse was hollaring at another nurse to get the delivery room set up b/c the way I was contracting I'd be delivering a baby soon. Well - an hour later I finally got my epidural. They came in to check me about an hour later and I was at a 5. Then - 45 minutes later I was at a 9. I was shocked! I couldn't believe how fast this was all going for me. My last 2 pregnancies I was in labor for 25 and 26 hours - so this was really happening fast for me! Well - an hour later I was pushing - 15 minutes later my baby boy Ian was born!!!! He came so fast the dr. didn't even have a chance to make it in the room in time. They kept telling me to quit pushing until the dr. came but my body was doing it all on it's own so I couldn't help it.
Me(28)DH(29),DS(3)unnecesarian,DS(2)VBAC! Baby 3 due 5/24/11-another vbac!!!!

mindy48875 responded:
cont....

I'm still amazed at how things happened for me. I wasn't expecting to go in before my due date, or to have my water break on it's own, or to have that quick of a delivery! It was great! My dh was even amazed by it all. He's used to staying at the hospital for a couple days before we have a baby

So now we are blessed with 3 of the cutest boys ever. Was I hoping to have my little girl this time around???? Of course I was. But I wouldn't trade my little guy for anything! I couldn't picture it any other way! Best of luck to everyone else on the boards soon to deliver! And for those wondering to try for a vbac or not - GO FOR IT!!!! It's the most amazing thing ever!

MrsPiper responded:
Congratulations!! What a great birth story. Must be something about those #3 boys- that was my strange one too. 37 wks. and just in many ways not "normal" for me. Enjoy your little men. As mommy to 4 boys, I agree, I wouldn't trade them. I think boys are fabulous!! (I'll find out shortly a thing or two about little girls.) I hope the next few weeks are restful and relaxing for you.
(Oh, and congratulations also on a 2nd successful VBAC!)

reb_hun replied to mindy48875's response:
so what day was he born on?? and how much did the little guy weigh, how long?? you were due a day before me so i'm hoping my time is soon...

marchbabee responded:
What a great birth story...and congrats on your third little man

ashandchad responded:
Congrats on your third!!

MSettle78 replied to ashandchad's response:
Great Birth story !!! Thats just crazy about your water breaking loud like that that it woke your husband up !!! Congrats again God bless Boys !!!
Marissa (22) Matt DH (23) Little Man due 07/11/11

mindy48875 replied to reb_hun's response:
Sorry for the late reply - as I'm sure you may have had your little one already. He was born on May 14th and I was due on May 24th. He weighed 6lbs and 11oz and was 20in long. He was my tiniest one by far as my other 2 boys were 8lbs

Spotlight: Member Stories

"Single" Mother to a 1 yr Chihuahua, but will be co-parenting my LO with the BSD. Was quite a shocker when I found out I was pregnant, but k...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful