Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Labor signs Call my Dr again or no ?
MSettle78 posted:
So yesterday I was having back to back contractions for like a hour and I went to my Dr because they were really close together she checked my cervix and kinda just brushed it off like nope your not in labor and its prob just your body preparing which is fine.... Im still not Dialating or anything so she sent me home ... It just kinda makes me worried Im only 34 weeks but my fondus (uterus) measures like 2-3 weeks ahead and she isnt concerned and doesnt plan on doing a ultrasound until like a week from my DD ... SERIOSULY ???? Last time I saw her she said they would do one at my next apt and then I see her and she says not untill closer to my DD Im just over worried.... What if he is measuring bigger and hes trying to come and shes ignoring the signs... .Also ever since I left there I have had this CONSTANT dull like back pain in the middle of my back and it kinda wraps around to my side and its kinda worrying me I dont know if I should call my Dr and bother her again or just let it go ? Its been there almost 24 hours now
Marissa (22) Matt DH (23) Little Man due 07/11/11

marchbabee responded:
OMG Marissa! How scary! But, I would think if you're not dilated at all, then you're not in labor. When is your next appt? I think Tyler for sure is going to come early, so I would demand that you get an U/S done before the week before your due date, and your doc should understand your concern with this. Good luck and keep us posted!

ashandchad responded:
Your probably not in labor since you were just checked but I would want an ultrasound done if I were you at my next appt since you are measuring ahead. I would also call my doctor and ask about the back pain. She should understand your concerns and this is what she is getting paid for.

snh571 responded:
You are probably not In labor yet, take a breath and relax. My LO is measuring 3 weeks beiger than she should, it's no big deal. US are can be off by a lb or more. If your are not high risk then most drs won't even do an US this late. My doc only does US at 20 weeks unless you need to be dated or you are high risk. Trust me you don't want to have all of the complications of being high risk just to see your LO.

hmrm1020 replied to snh571's response:
I am going through the same thing right now...my little guy is measuring 2-3 weeks bigger. My doctor did send me for an u/s and the tech told me that he was measuring right on schedule at about 3.5 lbs...I have not heard from the dr about the results but I think since the tech told me he was measuring fine that it isn't going to change anything. I am scared because I went into pre-term labor with my last child at 35 weeks but somehow the contractions and progression stopped and he held on for 2 more weeks...I have been having lots of contractions lately but just brushing them off as braxton hicks and my dr said if I am getting more than 4 in an hour than I need to go to L&D to be hooked up to a monitor to be checked...well the LO is still moving around in there so I am trying to hold out plus not having family close by and 3 other kids to worry about finding care for isn't easy. I know this doesn't really help you out but just know that you aren't alone out there. If you feel uncomfortable about it I would definately talk to your dr about it and stress that you would feel more comfortable getting checked out.

bsarazin responded:
I think you just need to relax. That baby will come when he is ready and your body will know what to do. I have never had an US past 20 weeks. With DS, I went into labor naturally, labor really progressed when my water broke. Having your doctor fiddle around and do ultrasounds will not change when the baby is ready.

With DS, I had similar concerns about not knowing when I was in labor...but believe me, you will know. The contractions are obvious and timeable, you will have some kind of bloody show, and your water might even break.

I hope this helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Monique I'm married with 4 kids with #5 on the way (anyday now), my kids ages are DD13, DD11, DS6, DS4. The new LO is a boy and his ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.