Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
31 weeks and not excited about baby
LizMyers posted:
Hi everyone, I am 31 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby and I'm a recently separated single mom, I have 3 boys. I am having a lot of trouble getting excited about and attached to this baby even though it is my first girl. I was hoping that someone would have a shower for me and maybe it would help me get excited but noone is interested. I thought about having my own but the idea makes me feel like I'm begging for things. Just curious if anyone has dealt with anything like this before and has any advice. Thanks.

mrslee97658 responded:
I think if you really wanted to, having a shower for yourself would be completely acceptable. Just have something small such as a luncheon or invite people out to a restaurant with you. Showers don't have to be for the firstborn and thats it anymore. I am having a small shower and I'm pregnant with number 5. Its been 4 years since the last baby though and I gave most of his stuff away so I'm having a shower so we don't have to buy everything all over again. ((((hugs)))) on being recently separated that has to be a lot to deal with while pregnant so I can see the not being attached part. I'm sure it will get better once you have your little girl. GL and HTH
Me Ruth (27), DH (43), DS1(11), DD (8), DS2(5),DS3(4), number 5 and DS4 edd 8/4/11

NoelleDawn responded:
Awe sweetie it is tuff to go through it in a situation like that. I have been through similar situation my last son was during that type of situation and my feelings changed as soon as I held him in my arms for the first time and I aint gonna lie im having bad family problems this time and all I can say is it is tuff but you can make it through it and you will be stronger for it. And as for that baby shower do it if you want to, my prob was most my friends are guys so i just phoohy on it.

ashandchad responded:
I'm sorry your going through all that. I think it's a great idea for you to have a shower especially since your having your first girl and I think there is nothing wrong with you hosting your own. I would register a couple of places and have something small so you dont have to spend much. Mine was at my house and we just did a cake and a couple of fruit trays with a few decorations scattered around and we all had a good time and I got almost everything I needed.

kell0613 responded:
You could also have a 'get together'/shower at a restaurant. It will probably help quite a bit just to get together with your good friends and chat! Then people wouldn't feel compelled to bring a gift, they could if they wanted.
Me(26), DH(32), Baby 1- It's a Girl! EDD 9/12/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my husband are living in Amarillo, TX at the moment. We're expecting our first child, a girl, on Sept. 26th. We're both excited and sc...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.