Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby dropping
mommyin2011 posted:
Question about the baby dropping. Im preg. with my first baby and not sure he is dropping. it seems that my belly is getting a little lower.

my question is, when the baby does drop, is it a quick drop (for ex., one day your belly is high, the next its low) or gradually over time?

Thank you
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - 1st baby: EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

snh571 responded:
Everone is different, with my DS one day I was high the next I was lower.

lennyncrystal responded:
I'm shorter so when my two boys dropped I really couldnt tell because they took up all the room in regardless, however I felt like something big was stuck between my legs and got hemmorroids bad.

mmmstar8806 responded:
I'm really short also, and I didn't really ever notice a difference with my first. With this LO though, I cleaned one night a couple weeks ago, and BAM...huge amounts of pressure (I really think he's going to come out with a giant head). Low and behold, he had definitely dropped from the week before. Now...he's constantly causing pain from being so low (I don't think DS ever got this far down before labor), and still moving around. I don't get to complain about his head much longer, just the C-section pain...yuck. I think you'll probably know when he drops, you'll might be more hungry than you have been, breathe a little better, and notice more pressure down in your hips.
Me (23), DF (22), DS-Carter Egan (1), BFP 11/3, EDD 7/4/11 C-Section on 6/28!!! Blue Team-Mason Reed!!

ashandchad replied to mmmstar8806's response:
Good luck on your c-section today! Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Me (26), DH (27), First Baby-Hadley Faith!!! C-Section August 4th

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber. I'm 24 yrs old, and have been married for 4 1/2 yrs, and with DH for almost 6 yrs. I am currently pregnant with our 3rd child. I...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.