Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Last Day at work
mommyin2011 posted:
Today is my last day at work. I'll be 36 wks tomorrow. Its really hitting me now that my LO could be here any time. Its crazy to look back at when I found out I was pregnant. My DH and I have tried to have a baby for quite some time (years) and when I found out, it was very surreal...and when I saw my LO for the first time at 10 wks, it was the most amazing time of my life!!! and going though all the ups and downs of pregnancy and knowing that he will be here before I know it, is very breath taken.

I will post my LO's birth store when he arrives. I hope you all continue to have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - 1st baby: EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

camsmom11 responded:
Good luck! I hope everything goes well. I will be 36 weeks Tuesday, but I am going to try to work as long as I can. I do wish I could be off though! Take care!

snh571 responded:
Good luck, just have some patience with your LO, don't try and rush her out. I know it's tempting, especialy with your first, when you have waited so long. Because I'm high risk I have not been able to work at all durring my entire pregnancy, and have been on bed rest since I was 8 weeks. Time does slow down once you don't have the daily grind pushing you everyday. Trust me, I am 37 weeks on Sunday and have 15 days till my scheduled c-section. Try and keep your self busy and and relax.

marchbabee responded:
Enjoy your time at home, nesting and getting ready for that beautiful angel! I'm 36 weeks on Thursday, but have been unemployed since March, so I've been taking the nesting idea to the extreme Whatever! My DH loves it b/c the house has never been so clean

An_216876 responded:
If I remember correctly, you're in Riverside, right? How are you doing with the heat? I'm in Mission Viejo and my last day of work was June 23rd. I've been hanging out at the pool and as many indoor, cool places as possible. I have a 3 year old so I do have to keep her entertained.

Enjoy every minute of your time off before baby comes; my daughter was 5 weeks early. My water broke at school on my last day of work so I didn't have any down time before I became a mommy. It's just nice to get things in order and have some time to yourself. But oh what a blessing when your peanut finally arrives! Especially since you tried for a while. Congratulations on making it to the end!

charissahill replied to An_216876's response:
Lurking from second trimester...

Its nice to see some people here in my area. I live in Fontana, Ca. The heat is getting so bad and i am not due until Nov 26th so i have to deal with the hottest part of the year while pregnant.

kell0613 responded:
Yay! I'm so jealous. Enjoy your time off, and I can't wait to see your birth story!
Me(26), DH(32), Baby 1- It's a Girl! EDD 9/12/11

ashandchad responded:
Enjoy your time off! I am 34 weeks 5 days and am working up until the day I deliver hopefully. Can't wait to read your birth story!
Me (26), DH (27), First Baby-Hadley Faith!!! C-Section August 4th

An_216877 replied to charissahill's response:
California is a beautiful place to be, but it sure seems like this summer is going to be extra hot to make up for last year's cooler one. Even though you'll be pregnant all summer, hopefully it won't be so bad since you won't be super big yet. My first was born in November and summer wasn't so bad. My husband and I actually went to the Bahamas!

This time I'm due on July 15th, so I'm happy about wrapping things up soon.

mommyin2011 replied to An_216877's response:
responding a little late lol...I delivered on 7/31/11 (my due date) and didn't realize how hot it was outside since I was in a nice air condition hospital..when I was released to go home,it was 107' outside!!!! it was so hot! my poor little baby was getting a heat rash!. its finally cooled down now. most of you have prob. had your LO's by now. hope all of you are doing well!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - 1st baby: EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to mommyin2011's response:
Hi Mommyin2011 -

Congratulations!!!! Thanks for checking back in!

I can't imagine 107*, trying to keep yourself and your LO cool, especially when all you want to do is cuddle!

Now that you have been through it, any words of advice for our moms getting ready to deliver?
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am a 27 year old mother of one with a little on the way. Me and my hubby have been together for 9 years now, and we are so excited t...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful