Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
37 weeks and 1 day appointment
hmrm1020 posted:
Ok so I went in for my 37 week appointment and the dr said I went from 1 cm last week to 2 cm this week and he striped the membranes, I am wondering if anyone else has had this done and when did you start contracting or feel anything different? I don't know as if him doing that is really going to put me into labor...this is my 5th child. I also run an in-home daycare and I am not sure when to give up on keeping kids? I want to work till the end, however I am tired and don't know how much I can take...I still have nothing packed for the hospital or ready for this little one...I guess I am really nervous about going into labor now and not being prepared...any help or suggestions would be great!

snh571 responded:
I watch kids as well, I am 37 weeks 4 days. I told the parents yesterday that I would not be available till after delivery. I don't have many kids that I'm watching it's usualy only 1 or 2 at one time but with all the complications I've had and the fact that I've already lost my mucus plug I didn't want to risk having a kid here when I really needed to go to the hospital.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jessica and I am a full-time third shift phlebotomist at a hospital. I am expecting the second child for both me and my BF. He has a little...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.