Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
37 weeks and 1 day appointment
hmrm1020 posted:
Ok so I went in for my 37 week appointment and the dr said I went from 1 cm last week to 2 cm this week and he striped the membranes, I am wondering if anyone else has had this done and when did you start contracting or feel anything different? I don't know as if him doing that is really going to put me into labor...this is my 5th child. I also run an in-home daycare and I am not sure when to give up on keeping kids? I want to work till the end, however I am tired and don't know how much I can take...I still have nothing packed for the hospital or ready for this little one...I guess I am really nervous about going into labor now and not being prepared...any help or suggestions would be great!

snh571 responded:
I watch kids as well, I am 37 weeks 4 days. I told the parents yesterday that I would not be available till after delivery. I don't have many kids that I'm watching it's usualy only 1 or 2 at one time but with all the complications I've had and the fact that I've already lost my mucus plug I didn't want to risk having a kid here when I really needed to go to the hospital.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm on the most exciting journey of my life, being a first time mommy!! I have been with my wonderful hubby for 16 years and we have been married ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful