Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Stripping of membranes
MeLee320 posted:
Im 39 weeks and im 4cm dialted and 80% effaced witht he babys head at -2..... ive been this way for about 4-5 weeks and still no baby. so tomorrow my ob is gonna strip my memebranes but i wanna know roughly how long it will be before i possibly go into labor.... ive heard some people dont go into labor for 4-5 days after that. So im wondering if anyone on here has had this done, how dialted were you, and how long did it take?

hmrm1020 responded:
I am 38 weeks and 1 day and last week the dr stripped my membranes and I was only 2 cm dialated, not sure about effacement and it didn't do anything for me except make me lose my MP last week. I am going again today for another appointment, however I don't know if he will try to strip them again or not. I would love to have this baby tomorrow since my grandmother's birthday is tomorrow and she is no longer with us and I was SO CLOSE to her, I think it would be a great tribute to her and would be such a great memory to share with my little one. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you! I had my membranes stripped with one of my other children and I had him within days but I can not remember how far dialated I was.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful