Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
38 Week appointment
hmrm1020 posted:
Ok so I went in for my 38 week appointment only to find out that I have only dialated 1 more cm...so now I am up to 3, the doctor stripped the membranes again today and said we will see if that does anything...at the rate I keep going I will be pregnant till the end of August...UUUGGGHHH! I am no way ready for him to come but I am really anxious to meet my little guy. Sorry to vent when I am only 38 weeks and I know some women are pushing 40 weeks or more.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Oh dont worry, i never dialated with my son and at my induction at 40w 2d after i had the cervadil in for 12 hrs i went from nothing to them being generous 2 cm. Baby will come when baby is ready.

QPBarnes replied to Ihgirl1066's response:
whoa.. it took 12 hrs just to get to 2 cm??? that doesn't sound too promising... if you don't mind me asking, how long DID it take for you to reach 10???

snh571 replied to QPBarnes's response:
It took me 31 & 1/2 hours to go from 0-10 cm when I was induced with DS at 38 weeks due to BP issues.

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 27, husband 28 had been ttc for about 2 1/2 years. prescribed clomid for not ovulating, miscarried @ 6wks in June '11, currently pregnant since...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful