Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
38 Week appointment
hmrm1020 posted:
Ok so I went in for my 38 week appointment only to find out that I have only dialated 1 more cm...so now I am up to 3, the doctor stripped the membranes again today and said we will see if that does anything...at the rate I keep going I will be pregnant till the end of August...UUUGGGHHH! I am no way ready for him to come but I am really anxious to meet my little guy. Sorry to vent when I am only 38 weeks and I know some women are pushing 40 weeks or more.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Oh dont worry, i never dialated with my son and at my induction at 40w 2d after i had the cervadil in for 12 hrs i went from nothing to them being generous 2 cm. Baby will come when baby is ready.

QPBarnes replied to Ihgirl1066's response:
whoa.. it took 12 hrs just to get to 2 cm??? that doesn't sound too promising... if you don't mind me asking, how long DID it take for you to reach 10???

snh571 replied to QPBarnes's response:
It took me 31 & 1/2 hours to go from 0-10 cm when I was induced with DS at 38 weeks due to BP issues.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My pic is of Eli at 30 wks and 1 dy Too Sweet! My story is weird long and complicated I am a happy single mom and finallay after 32 years know where I...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.