Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
39 Week Appointment
hmrm1020 posted:
Ok so I go in today for my 39 week appointment and I am completely beside myself. I have only dialated to 4cm and 50% effaced...my due date is Wed and the dr is talking induction already on August 2...I really wanted to go sooner than that. If I do go over my due date I have to have a NST and a BPP done...which means I have to trek 4 kids with me since DH is saving as much time as he can for when the little guy is born. If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to speed up labor would be greatly appreciated...DTD is out of the question since DH has poison oak thanks to it growing in between our trees and he came into contact with it while cutting the grass.

TIA for any ideas or suggestions!

Katya1985 responded:
well, try spicy food, lots of pineapple, nipple stimulation, foot massage ( the area around ankles), lots of walking. I am sure you already know all that. There aren't many techniques out there though. And I think they start working only when the baby is ready to meet you. Just hang on, you are almost there.
Me(26),husby(30) Our first son-Stanislav will be 3 and now expecting a girl Galina. EDD 09/02/2011

Olivetre responded:
I ate pinapples and did some waling. The place to massage your feet is between your ankle bone and achilies heel. you can also can massage the webbing between the thumb and pointer close to were the bones come together. The day I went into labor my daughter had a play date so I was walking around alot that morning.

Ladypolkadot replied to Olivetre's response:
I would say stay as active as possible. My doctor told me to try sitting in a low chair leg spread a little ( I work in an office) can help become more dialated. At work I sit on an exercise ball. Have you talked to your doctor about stripping your membranes. I am 38 weeks at my next appointment the doctor said we could try it to maybe help it along. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Some say it can hurt but others say its not much worse than when they check if you are dialated. I personally am up for trying anything right now to get baby out. I heard that if the stripping of the membranes does work you should go into labor within the next 24 hrs. Good Luck!!
Me (26) Hubby (26) Big sister (4) Team pink 7/31/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been married since January of this year with a beautiful wedding in snowy Lake Tahoe. We found out that we were pregnant shortly...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.