Iron Deficiency
cl1234 posted:
I have to take iron supplements but don't know how much more I have to take. There is 30mg in each of my prenatal vitamin pills which I take every night. I also eat plenty of iron rich foods. They want to see a blood level of 40 but mine is at 33. Anyone else having this issue?

Olivetre responded:
I had that problem with my first pregnancy. I took 1 a day before bed. Did your OB tell you how many to take?

ashandchad responded:
I have been taking them for about 5 weeks now. I take one a night before bed. My iron levels are better but still low. Mine says on the bottle how many to take and how many refills I have.
Me (26), DH (27), First Baby-Hadley Faith!!! C-Section August 4th

cl1234 replied to ashandchad's response:
She just said to take them as directed on the bottle. Did either of you just have absolutely no energy before you started taking iron? Did you sleep a lot at night?

ashandchad replied to cl1234's response:
OMG....Yes, I had no energy. It was horrible.I was so tired all the time, I was miserable. I feel soooo much better now.
Me (26), DH (27), First Baby-Hadley Faith!!! C-Section August 4th

missashley1010 responded:
I was told this when I got my results for my GD testing that I had iron deficiency. I just switched my vitamins with more iron in them dont know if it has worked yet because I have not been back to the doctor for them to test. I thought something was off because im always sooo sleepy and everyone always was like your sooo pale lol

Olivetre replied to cl1234's response:
I was very tired too. Once I started taking them my energy came back.