Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby Landon Patrick arrived...
hmrm1020 posted:
...on July 23, 2011 at 3:42 pm EST. I spent the morning getting my coupons and list together for the store and was kind of hungry so I went to get apples for myself and the 4 kids and when I stood up my water broke. I told my husband OMG we need to go to the hospital because my water just broke and he said no you just peed yourself. I said if I peed myself then it would stop and this is not stopping. He then realized ok it was the water that broke and said I guess I better go get a shower(since he had just cut the grass). Now he has been through this 4 times before but still managed to get into a tizzy...he sent the 11 year old to get the bag for the hospital and some dry clothes for me and all I could do was laugh. We got to the hospital around 12:30ish and I still wasn't contracting on my own so the nurse said that the dr was giving me the option of waiting it out or starting pitocin(crazy enough I wanted the pitocin, I still don't know why I said that), I guess after sitting there for about an hour and a half I guess I wanted things to start moving, so around 2ish they started the pitocin drip and by 3:42 he was here...all hubby kept saying to the little one is come on the Phillies are playing at 4:05 and wouldn't you like to watch the game with your dear ol dad...well apparently he did because he was born before they came on. He weighed in at 7lbs 10oz and was 21 inches long. He is doing well adjusting to the other kids and they are taking to him well too. He is doing great breastfeeding, even though I am sore, hopefully that will pass in time. He is doing a lot of spitting up and I am concerned that he may be developing reflux, of course it is happening on the weekend so I can't take him into the peds office and if I call they will just tell me to take him to the ER. For as much as I wanted this little guy out I was so UNPREPARED at home for him. You would think by #5 I would have everything under control...LOL...NOT! I didn't have any food in the house(well the day I went into labor I was going shopping). Oh well we are managing and I am enjoying the time with my little one since he most likely is my last and they grow up so fast!

ashandchad responded:
Congrats! :) Loved reading your birth story. Hope he dosn't have reflux.
Me (26), DH (27), First Baby-Hadley Faith!!! C-Section August 4th

Katya1985 responded:
Congratulations, love the name and the story.
Me(26),husby(30) Our first son-Stanislav will be 3 and now expecting a girl Galina. EDD 09/02/2011

Allaya9 responded:
Congrats! Can't wait for my little one to get here, he is really getting cramped in there.
Me(36) DH(37) EDD 9/10/11 Blue Team! Our first! Lochlan Sidney

steckie98 responded:
Congratulations to you and your family!

Spotlight: Member Stories

when i was 19 yrs old, i found out that i was pregnant with my first child. i found out she was a girl when i was 15 wks pregnant. then 6 weeks after ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.