Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
i need a "How to deal with stress 101"
Heaven_Lea posted:
35 WEEKS TODAY! and I'm having a difficult time dealing with all my stress. I know its probably pretty rough on the baby and i can't control it. I'm not even eating like I used to or like I should be.

STRESS LIST!!!!
  • All my dr's appointments are 2 hrs away because i live in the middle of nowhere in the HOT A** DESERT that stays 115 degrees (even at night).
  • My job is not manual labor, but the people you have to deal with in the hospitality business suck! And the employees are even worse. There's more drama here because people refuse to stay out of others personal lives.
  • I'm having a hard time paying my bills because i'm the only person in my house working right now and my hrs are cut to maybe 25 a week if im lucky. And everyone else is laid off because nobody is stupid enough to come to the desert in the middle of summer. (and unemployment sucks.)
  • My mom and the father of my child cannot get along and they refuse to keep me out of it.
  • I'm worried about not being able to support my child with the essentials (diapers, formula, ect.).
  • Lack of sleep is killing me, literally, and the heartburn is all day long. NOTHING HELPS!
  • Insurance i get from work is better than nothing, but it still sucks. It supposedly covers my delivery and the baby 100% with no copay, but then in the fine print, if you have to stay over night, (which DUH of course i will have to) i will have to pay $1,000 for each day i stay. yeah thanks for the great coverage!
  • AND THE LIST GOES ON

I'm going insane on the inside, while i try and smile on the outside. And being 19 yrs old with your first child on the way was definitely not in my life handbook. I'm trying to push everything away and just relax, but it's always in the back of my mind and pretending its not there isn't going to make it go away.

I need a solution fast. If anyone can help me on how to just take it easy and clear my mind, PLEASE HELP. all options are needed.

I'M IN DIRE NEED OF SOME SERIOUS STRESS RELIEF! :(

htma4494 responded:
Hi, I'm sorry you are going through all this while being pregnant. Have you applied for WIC yet, if not, you definitely should (It will help you get milk, cereal, juice, bread, etc) Also, apply for food stamps, you being a single parent, you will qualify. Also, for your child's father, cant he find work anywhere? Even if its day labor or something? Hoefully, you will have a baby shower, and will get most of what you need. Also, try and contact a planned parenthood or women;s pregnancy center, they usually can make resources availble to you that will help you out with certain expenses. But definitely go online and try and get some government assistace (Dept of children & Families) and apply. Most of all, try not to stress..Hope all is well. God Bless

missashley1010 responded:
Im sorry your going through all this. I know how you feel financially. My BF dosnt have a job and I get super worried with the bills. I agree with PP get on WIC they help with formula and basic foods which is a big help trust me! Also yes things like food stamps and housing assistance its all there you just need to talk with someone and find out how to get ahold of all these programs they will help you because you are a single family income. At least you can use your SO as daycare...thats what im doing..if he cant work then he will be mr.mom :) I hope some of this advice helps. try not to stress yourself out to much easier said than done I know. You sound like a strong willed individual and you will succeed! Keep your head up and good luck with everything!

Katya1985 responded:
Sorry, you have all these on your shoulders at 19. Well, I know it might not be an options but still have you ever considered to move to a different city or state with a better living conditions or more available jobs. It might be worth of trying. My friend used to live with a very abusive boyfriend in the middle of nowhere. She ran away from him with a child and moved to Massachusetts for better life. That's when I met her. At the beginning she received food stamps, cash assistance, wic, self phone with some number of minutes paid by government, health insurance for her and her baby, free day care, housing and she also got financial aid to go to college. She sent her baby to day cay and took classes at that time. Now she graduated and found a better job. It was very hard for her too but now she is doing much better. Do some research, find out some info( help) from government, make a change. Do not put your head down, you are very young and with little help you can make it better. Best luck.
Me(26),husby(30) Our first son-Stanislav is 3(08/17/08) and now expecting a girl Galina. EDD 09/02/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm a first time mom, due in october and we have chosen to keep the gender a surprise. I will be barely(only a few days) 34 when I deliver if ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.