Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Gotta Ask: Stretch Marks vs. Morning Sickness
RanchMommy1533 posted:
So I was reading my latest edition of Parents and I came across a crazy statistic. More women would rather have morning sickness throughout their pregnancy than get stretch marks!! I went through a very depressed phase here a couple weeks ago because my bikini days are officially over, but I would much rather wear a one piece bathing suit than not eat for nine months! I thought i'd just ask all of you wonderful pregnant ladies which you'd rather have, stretch marks or morning sickness?!
Emily 22, DH 21, Sarah 1 1/2, Charlotte due Oct 27th.

kell0613 responded:
As someone lucky (sense the sarcasm) enough to have both...I'd definately pick morning sickness. I was able to get Zofran to ease the nausea, and it has finally subsided mostly. It's sad for me to see that my skin is purple and rigdy now and knowing there isn't anything to do to fix it
Me(26), DH(32), Baby 1- It's a Girl! EDD 9/12/11

missashley1010 responded:
well since my body wasnt in the best shape to begin with I guess I would pick stretch marks Morning sickness sucked big time!

charissahill responded:
ID RATHER HAVE MORNING SICKNESS THAN STRETCH MARKS. MORNING SICKNESS IS TEMPORARY AND STRETCH MARKS ARE THERE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE (UNLESS YOU GET LASER SURGERY). I WANT TO WEAR A BIKINI SOMEDAY AND I HAVE TONS OF STRETCHMARKS I NEED TO WORK ON. DRINKING TONS OF WATER AND SOAKING MY STOMACH IN COCO BUTTER AND CAPSULES OF VITAMIN E DIDN'T PREVENT THEM! SO I GOTTA SAY I GOT THEM FROM MY MAMA LOL. AT THIS POINT ID RATHER DEAL WITH MORNING SICKNESS THEN THESE HORRIBLE SCARS THAT ITCH SOOOO BAD!

Noodlesbaby11 responded:
Coming from someone who is so lucky to have been blessed with all day sickness from week 7 to week now 34, and been hospitilized twice, I'll take the stretch marks over the morning sickness. I have a few from my son, and still wore a bikini once I lost the weight. Stretch marks fade. This has been the WORST pregnancy ever because I've been so very sick. It would have been nice to enjoy even a little bit of it. I've been a worthless piece of crap for 8 months and I'm SO ready for it to be OVER!

Anmar22 responded:
I don't have a bikini body anyway so I'll go with the stretch marks. The only person that sees my stomach is my husband and he doesn't seem to care. And they do see to fade with time.

earleyml1012 responded:
Don't hate me but with my first pregnancy and so far with this one, I didn't have either. So for me this is tough to answer. On one side I can understand wanting the morning sickness since it is temporary but sometimes being pregnant stinks so atleast it's nice to be able to eat what you want without getting sick. However, I don't wear binkis so the only person who would see my stretch marks is DH and I don't know how he would feel. I do have pretty nice skin on my stomach, so I don't know if I'd want to ruin that. This is really a toss up for me!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Arriane, DH is Jeremiah. I have been with DH for 7 yrs, finally tied the knot 8/23/09. We have a 4yr old son names Malokai and got our BFP ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.