Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
labor or need to worry?
sweets1988 posted:
im scheduled for a c-section on Nov. 11, but the the past 2 nights and following days i have been getting more worried/puzzled. this is my second baby but i didnt experience much early labor with the first. ive been having alot of consistent cramping, ranging from 2-10 mins. apart that feel like more then braxton hicks. most take my breath away but they dont last more then a minute most of the time. ive tried a hot rice bag and Tylenol but they dont help at all. Baby has moved way down, and has been for a while and i can still feel movement, but the past few days i have had very sharp pains down by my cervix. im not sure what i should do, i have a Dr. appointment on the first of November and i dont wanna make a fuss over nothing. considering ive already been in the hospital twice already this pregnancy, once for the flu and the other for a UTI. opinions ladies???

sweets1988 responded:
also been feeling alot of pressure down there in my hips and cervix. just kinda worried.

kd0erj responded:
CALL! You are having labor symptoms...they will probably want to see you very soon. It might be false labor, but I was having very similar symptoms, finally decided to call, and they had me go home and lie down for hours, calling the hospital every hour or two with updates so they could decide whether or not to bring me in. I ended up not going in, but at my dr. appointment a couple days later, I have started dilating, and now they want to see me every week to check progress.

Its not nothing...and if you have a scheduled section, they will want to know if you are going into early labor.

Hope it goes ok...let us know how you do!

leftcoastgirl responded:
I think I'd call if I were in your situation. You're in the home stretch, so labor could start at any time. If you talk to your doctor, you could at least find out what kind of contractions would mean you need to come in for an earlier-than-expected c-section. I don't think it would be a huge deal to wait until your appointment next week, but if you do you'll have to use your own judgment over the weekend as to whether contractions mean you should go in or not. If it were me, I'd rather get guidance from the doctor.
Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), and our new addition coming January 9, 2012!

sweets1988 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
well after wasting my whole day in the Doctors office to get in to see her, she tells me im 1 cm dilated, baby's head is very low and the heart rate is low and not responding to pokes to my tummy. so she tells me to go eat something and go to the hospital to get monitored. i had also told her that all day baby hadnt been moving much at all, even after OJ and laying down. but somehow at the hospital the heart rate looks "fine", but way to low for my taste. (normally 150-160 and was lucky to hit 130-140 today) the looked at me for 20 dang mins! thats it! i even told the nurse its the same damn mistake that happened last time that made my daughter be an emergency C-section at 4am. no one listened to me til my daughters heart rate was below 90. im not happy. im in massive pain, contracting every 10-15 mins, i havnt slept in 2 going on 3 nights and i feel ignored. AGAIN. its not my Docs fault i know... but come on. is it really so hard to listen to your patient?

Lysana replied to sweets1988's response:
IMO, just my opinion, keep talking and pushing until they take you seriously. I know it's hard, and some people (I am one of them) hate to be a nuisance, but I think it sounds like you have a good reason for concern, and your doctor needs to listen to you.

I'm sorry they're making you fight for the care you need. That just shouldn't be necessary.

Praying they will listen to you and all will remain well with your sweet little one. (((hugs)))
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011) ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller and Lessa (8)

Lysana replied to Lysana's response:
How is your baby moving today? It COULD be that baby was just sleeping a lot yesterday...that certainly happens. However, given your history, I would want them to be VERY attentive to any changes.

If your little one still isn't moving like normal, you may want to call and talk to the doctor again. (((hugs)))
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (4.5) ~~ Joshua (3) ~~ Rebekah (1) ~~ EDD 2/24/2012 ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011) ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller and Lessa (8)

sweets1988 replied to Lysana's response:
movement is better today. ive been taking in a bit more sugar and such to make sure ive been feeling movement mostly every hour or so, even if its just rolling over. if they wont listen i will keep things in my own hands and watch my signs. if it happens again and they dont listen i may have to go to get another docs opinion. i like my doctor, and it was her opinion i get monitored. im not happy that the hospital sent me home after 20 mins. i was monitored for 8 damn hours fr the flu for gods sake, bu im contracting at 37 weeks, oh nothing could be wrong there! plus she had me eat dinner right before so anything that was wrong before my blood sugar spiked wouldnt have been seen. i was refused to get an ultrasound, and told not to worry. i come in when somethings wrong or they tell me too and they dont do anything? at this point im listening to my family friend who has 5 kids rather then the pros in some aspects cus she knows and listens. if they hadnt messed up the first time i would probably got home birth this time to save the trouble...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl)

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.