Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby Shower
ktaylor11 posted:
Ladies, any of you had a baby shower already. Mine is scheduled for December 3 but Hubby and I are going out today to get some of the items I am not expecting anyone to buy and that I will need upon baby's arrival like the crib. I am 30 weeks and am so not prepared. I have been to L&D three times already so I think that I need to go ahead and pack my back for the hospital (just in case). I also need to go ahead and pack my DD a bag because the night I had to go to L&D about 3 in the morning and I had to get her things packed to take her to my moms. How prepared are the rest of you?

candy352 responded:
I am not prepared at all. Someone is still planning a shower for me. I'm thinking that they may try to schedule it the first weekend in December. I'm 31 weeks and have nothing, except some onesies and a few bibs. I may go shopping a little later today for a bassinet and car seat. I also have fears of going into labor early too. Lately I've had dreams of going into labor and knew it was way too early. I've had dreams of going into labor since being pregnant, but this was the first time where I realized while I was dreaming that it was way too early. It was weird. I say go ahead and buy what you think you may need. Better prepared than not at all. Go ahead and pack your daughter's bag too.
Candy 26, DF 37, Expecting 1st--1/6/12. Team Yellow!!!

tchance55 responded:
I am almost 37 weeks and still not prepared. I have had 2 small surprise baby showers, 1 at work and 1 at my church, but none with my friends and family. I did receive enough diapers and clothes to get me through the first few weeks but I still need so much more. I already have a crib since DS #2 just turned 1 and now is in a toddler bed. I have no diaper bag, baby tub, and need some more little clothing newborn size since I believe she is going to be tiny. I feel like she is coming earlier than the end of the month but have no time to shop. I still work 12 hour nights and it seems if I'm not at work I'm sleep. I plan on packing my bags within the next week and I know that even if DH has to go to the store to get anything while I'm in the hospital everything we be just fine.

tlkittycat1968 replied to tchance55's response:
I would not recommend buying any newborn clothing. I had some for both DD and DS and they wore the outfit maybe twice before they outgrew it. I would get 0-3 month clothing.

marydirt responded:
just turned 37 weeks and have almost everything bought. i had my baby shower at 32 weeks and received so much stuff we didnt end up buying too much ourselves. all i really need to do now is pack my hospital bag and wait... but waiting sure sucks! i agree you shouldnt buy any newborn clothes, theyre very small and your baby probably wont wear them more than once or twice. dont forget to buy a sleepersack. our winter babies are going to need to stay warm

tchance55 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
My babies all have worn newborn sizes for about a month. The 0-3 just swallow them alive. I would never recomend getting a lot of newborn sizes but a few is very helpful.
Me(24), DH(24), DS(3), DS(1), EDD 12/1/11 Team Pink!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Born and raised in Western New York, my husband and I are expecting our first child April 24th. Its a boy and so far his name is David Clark. we are w...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.