Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
low weight gain, should i be concerned?
Kim62307 posted:
am 32 weeks along and measuring perfectly but i have only gained a total of 9 pounds and the dr is having me do an ultrasound in two weeks to make sure babys growth is where it should. this is my first pregnancy and i cant help but worry. my sister only gained 3 pounds total with her first and 10 with her second. has anyone else had low weight gain or can put my mind at ease i would greatly appreciate it

candy352 responded:
I'm 32 weeks also and I probably have gained about 10 lbs. It fluctuates though. I lose a few, gain a few, from week to week. My doctors aren't worried because I'm plus-sized to begin with. They only want me to gain 10-15 lbs through the whole pregnancy. I don't think there should be anything to be concerned about. It sounds like a healthy weight gain.
Candy 26, DF 37, Expecting 1st--1/6/12. Team Yellow!!!

Kim62307 replied to candy352's response:
thamks for responding! that makes me feel better too. i was also plus sized before i became pregnant and you have just offered me peace of mind that my little one should be fine. thank you again and congrats on your litlle one, this is also my first due on 1/2/12

candy352 replied to Kim62307's response:
Glad I could help. Congratulations to you too!!!!
Candy 26, DF 37, Expecting 1st--1/6/12. Team Yellow!!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I'm not plus-sized and only gained 10 lbs total through out my second pregnancy. DD was 6 lbs 12 oz and perfectly healthy when she was born at 38 weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone, I'm Dana. I'm 17 years old and looking forward to being a mother. I'm married to the greatest guy I've ever met and we...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.