Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
EARLY LABOR AND DELIVERY
mskay251983 posted:
HI LADIES I HAVENT POSTED IN A WHILE SO HERE IS MY STORY. I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY 2ND LO AND DUE ON DEC 10TH. EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE GOING FINE WITH ME EXCEPT FOR ALOT OF BRAXTON HICKS THAT I WAS FEELING.WELL ON SUNDAY NOV 6TH I WAS FEELING WHAT I THOUGHT WAS ALOT OF THE SAME BH. I WENT TO WORK AS USUAL ON MONDAY AND CAME HOME FEELING EXTRA SLEEPY GOT TO BED AROUND 8 ONLY TO BE WAKEN UP AT12 WITH STOMACH PAIN.I STARTED TIMING THEM AND THEY WERE 4 MIN APART.CALLED THE DOC AND WAS WAITING ON THE CALL BACK WHICH NEVER CAME SO AN HOUR LATER MY HUSBAND DROVE ME TO THE HOSP.AFTER FINALLY ANS ALL THERE PAPER WORK QUESTIONS GOT IN A ROOM AT 2.15AM AND WAS CHECKED I WAS 10 CM DILATED SO NO TIME FOR EPIDURAL OR ANYTHING. SO AT 35 WEEKS AT 251AM ON MON THE 8TH MY LITTLE GIRL BELLA-MARIE WAS BORN.SHE WEIGHED 5.12LBS AND IS STILL IN THE NICU.SHES GETTING STRONGER AND FINALLY GOT OF HER IV.I AM PRAYING I GET TO TAKE HER HOME THIS WEEK.SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY

linnylou217 responded:
hope all goes well with your baby, we almost shared a due date, me the 11th, so i cant imagine so i will just send some prayers your way and hope you can bring baby home soon!

Christyle26 responded:
Best wishes to you. Your precious gift came a little early. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you two! She's getting stronger and she'll be home real soon!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow, what a story! Congratulations to you, your family and tiny baby Bella-Marie!

Please keep us posted, is she out of the NICU yet?

Sending caring thoughts and prayers -
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Allaya9 responded:
Congrats on your little girl! My little guy spent 11 days in the NICU and it can be difficult and frustrating to go home without your baby. I spent everyday with him at the hospital. That's wonderful that she's off the IV. Get rest while you can, that definitely made a difference in speeding up my healing time. Good luck and hope she comes home soon!
Me(36) DH(37) EDD 9/10/11 Blue Team! Our first! Lochlan Sidney

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Courtney. I am 20 years old and a first time mommy-to-be. I am expecting a boy in Nov =]

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.