Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Tuesday's the day!!!
palvarad posted:
I'm suddenly nervous about my C-section on Tuesday. You'd think since I've been through this before that it'd be no problem, but the first one was an unplanned C-section. Now this is scheduled, and I'm growing more and more anxious as the hours pass. I don't know how I'm going to do this, how I'm going to heal and be a mother to a newborn AND a toddler. I know this is nothing new to history, but it's new to mine and I'm slightly panicking. I'm very worried about my lil man and not seeing him while I'm in the hospital. This baby was such a surprise and a blessing that my heart swells, but I'm so afraid that I won't know how to a be mother to two, as opposed to one.

I just needed to vent. I haven't slept properly in days and I fear that it will continue that way.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You'll be fine. I had a semi-unscheduled c-section in 2007 (it was scheduled for Sept 5 but DS decided he didn't want to wait so my c-section ended up being on Sept 3). I had a scheduled c-section in 2009. I had a two year old and a newborn. I was home on manternity leave for four months. I had minor complications but everything was fine after about a month. You can do it. If you need help, ask. Don't just assume your SO will know you need help.

palvarad responded:
Today's the day! I woke up with the blues though, I don't know why. I think maybe it's because I won't be pregnant after this? I've held this baby in my body for 39 weeks and now the end is actually in sight. I know it'll feel good to hold him, but I'm nervous and afraid all of a sudden. I know I'll be ok, I just have to breathe through it. I'll be okay. I'll be okay.

Wish me luck everyone!!

candy352 replied to palvarad's response:
Good luck! At least you will get to see your little one soon. I will probably feel the same way when I get induced.
Candy 26, DF 37, Expecting 1st--1/6/12. Team Yellow!!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to palvarad's response:
I understand the bittersweet feelings and anxiety, thinking of you!

By now you are holding your sweet baby boy in your arms, Congratulations Momma!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - my name is Toni - I am 35 and pregnant for the first time with twin girls. My husband Bill and I have been married since 2007 and are so...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful