Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Induced at 38 weeks and High blood pressure
chell1003 posted:
Im being induced tuesday, Ill be 38.4 weeks pregnant. Baby is already measuring 7.8 pounds aprox. I was wondering if anyone else had been induced or had your baby early due to blood pressure issues?
DS-Braxton (2007) DS-Atlas (2010)

KBratt responded:
I have not, but a co-worker of my husband had her twins at 33wks because of blood pressure issues. She wasn't induced, she had a c-section, but they were fine. She also had GD & the twins were kept in the NICU for 3days but they all went home on the 4th night & are perfectly healthy! Good luck next week!
Katie 24; DH-Ryan 23; DD-Kelsey 17mo; DS Riley Wayne EDD 3/6/12

lbcash responded:
I was induced at 37 weeks immediately due to extremely high blood pressure and my blood and urine test showed that I had pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy. I am currently on bed rest right now at 36 weeks with high blood pressure with this pregnancy. My doc said she will induce me at 38 weeks regardless unless I go sooner. I delivered naturally with my first and I hope to with this one too.

Linzcast responded:
Can I ask how high your BP is? I was just told that i'm considered chronic hypertensive and that they'll keep an eye on it and if it gets too high that I will be induced, I'm just curious what's considered too high, I guess I should asked the doc. that, but what has your experience been?

chell1003 responded:
my normal BP is 110/80's and the last month or so at my visits its been 140/90 and my last two were 150/92.
DS-Braxton (2007) DS-Atlas (2010)

mar09 responded:
with my first I was induced at 38wk high BP and pre-E. Induction failed and went in for an emergency C/S.I ended up having HELP syndrome ontop of it too. Stayed in the hosp. for a week after cause I still had the pre-E after baby was out...wasn't fun On 37 weeks with #2 and so far all is good, I hope it stays that way, but with #1 it came out of no where, no warnings at all. My BP runs 100/68 normally, when they tried inducing it was like 138/94.

Linzcast replied to mar09's response:
That's right around where my BP has been lately. I'm doing NSTs right now. I"m really hoping for no induction!

mar09 replied to Linzcast's response:
Crossing my fingers for you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Marsha, I am 26 yr old (will be 27 on March 10th!). I've been married to my hubby for 2 years, he's a bit older (38), but we've...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.