Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Are You Buying Holiday Gifts For Your Baby-To-Be?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Your baby is either tucked away inside or newly arrived, either way unaware of the holidays.

Have you thought about gifts for your little one?
Are family members asking what to buy?

Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

KBratt responded:
We are not getting anything for him since he wont be here til March, but some family members have mentioned adding him to their lists:)
Katie 24; DH-Ryan 23; DD-Kelsey 17mo; DS Riley Wayne EDD 3/6/12

Violetrevolution responded:
Yes, we already started shopping as my due date is next mth so I have to get the important stuff, the only thing is rather than just keeping it as it is, I am packing them as a gift...

fiannakyn replied to Violetrevolution's response:
my son is due Christmas Day. I havent gotten anything for him for Christmas, but my family may get him something, depending on how comfortable they are with the unknown aspect. We're expecting by adoption (I am lurking on here for the non actual pregnancy aspects of exptecting ) So there's a slim possability that we will walk out of the hospital empty handed. I know a lot of my family are guarding their hearts against that. We haven't had a baby shower fro the same reason. We plan on having a meet the baby party in Jan instead.

I have made mental notes on things I would like to get him if he does make an appearance before christmas. Mostly stuff for "babys first christmas"

erin_addy responded:
DF and I were just told by our families that they added our little boy to their lists for Christmas. Even though he wont be here until the end of January or early February. A very sweet gesture and I am very grateful. We will just have his "big 3 yr-old sister" open them for him! I actually got to pick out one of the gifts...which was his bedding! So its kind of like Merry Christmas to me!

KonaMommy responded:
Planning to give my LO the gift of life (assuming he/she arrives on his/her due date 12/24/11). Since baby will be so new (assuming he/she arrives on time), I don't feel much obligation to buy and wrap gifts. Family members have asked what to get, but more from a "new baby" rather than "holiday" aspect. I suppose we'll have a lifetime of sorting these 2 holidays out from one another

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been married for 10 years. At first we put off having children to just spend time with each other and go and do the things we might n...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful