Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Update - Walmart Pulling Enfamil Formula - Please Read!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
For those of you using Enfamil check the lot numbers just to be safe -

Infant Formula Investigated in Baby Death

Do you have any of these in your home?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

mommyin2011 responded:
I use Enfamil for my baby...he is 5 months old...Im going to switch formals till this is cleared up. Its a very scary to think something that's supposed to be good and nutritional for you baby ends up killing them my heart goes out to this family. I hope they find some kind of closure. I don't know what I would if that ever happened to me.
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - 1st baby: EDD: 7/31/11 - BLUE TEAM!!

candy352 replied to mommyin2011's response:
It was cleared up already. The formula didn't cause the infection or death, so no recall.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to candy352's response:
Thanks Candy - Here is the update -

FDA, CDC Find No Cronobacter in Infant Formula

Glad Wal-Mart and Enfamil were proactive in taking precautions and product off the shelf. Also, after testing we now know others are safe if the same lot numbers were consumed.

It is still unknown how the bacteria contaminated open bottles of nursery water and formula.
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful