Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Embarrasing PG moments..
cjl0510 posted:
Okay.. I don't know about any of you, but why in the world do they think we all will be talented enough to pee in a small cup when we can't even see over our large bellies?? I am just glad no one is in there watching me trying to attemp this great task. Haha. They should be lucky I got anything in there at all!

And yes... I KNOW my top button is unbuttoned, I am just embarrased that I forgot about it up before you saw me this way. LOL

Other embarrasing moments are greatly recommended

erin_addy responded:
oh i hear ya!!! I have had a couple embarrassing episodes! Just yesterday in fact! I am a highschool science teacher and I walked into the break room after just lecturing to my class of seniors and juniors for an hour.....I sat down and one of the teachers comes up and says, "your breast pad is going to fall out of your shirt." So I looked and my boobie pad for leaky breasts had somehow (even though there are supposed to stick to my bra) had worked its way up into the collar of my shirt! Thank god she was a female teacher and knew enough about pregnancy to tell my what it was! My students must have been thinking what on earth is that! She must stuff her bra! LOL oh well I guess...at 38 weeks im just hoping my water doesnt start leaking down my leg in the middle of class!!

Princess88388 responded:
I havent had any like that lol but I have had some of the embarrasing mommy brain moments lol. The other day at work we were discussing something totally off the wall and not work related and everyone likes to pick on me because I am the youngest and the most gulable I guess but anyways, we were all talking and someone asked well where to trees come from.... I wasnt half way paying attention and I said paper.... well after I said that I realized what the question was and I felt all kinds of OMG moments.. LOL I laugh at it now because I know what I was trying to say and but my brain and my mouth are not coordinating very well these days... I havent lived that one down since I said it lol... There are many more mommy brain moments that Ive had and I bet I could make a book out of them lol

oboingo76 responded:
It is so funny you bring up the pee cup! Yesterday at my appt I actually dropped it INTO the toilet and had to fish it out and go out and explain what had happened to get another one. You're so right - I have the hardest time with the urine samples the bigger I get. I'm 37 weeks now so keeping my fingers crossed I'll only have to do this 2 or 3 more times before I have this baby.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
At least you have a cup. My doctor gave me a test strip at each appointment and expected me to pee on that. The test strip was about 1/2 cm wide and the further along I got the harder it got to position the stip just right.

AAgradillas replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
My doctor gives us a strip too! I can't see where I'm peeing or where the strip is exactly, so I just hope for the best? Its so thin!
Amanda 27, DH Freddy 27, Madison DD 10/07/06, Parker DS 01/12/09, EDD 03/01/12 Csection Scheduled 02/22/12 for Baby Boy, Brayden!!!

hgreenwood7058 replied to AAgradillas's response:
my dr does the strips too (pee on the little baby stick and then stick it in a dixie cup lol).

Lysana replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
No, really? Ah! I thought the cups were bad, but the strips are just cruel! I can't even pee on a strip when I DON'T have a huge belly (I always dip my HPTs)!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John (EDD 2/24/2012) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011) ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller and Lessa (9)

oboingo76 replied to Lysana's response:
I love this discussion I am laughing so hard. I'm so glad i'm not the only one with issues peeing where I'm supposed to. The other funny part is that the bathrooms at my Dr's office are so small and the toilets are so low. The whole thing is just so awkward for a person with a big protruding belly!

The other embarrassing thing I'm dealing with is (I am sorry if TMI) my typical grooming habits in the um.... area. I normally keep everything groomed myself vs. going and getting waxes, but I can't SEE! I"m basically at the point where I won't let my husband look because I feel like it's not fit for one's eyes.

lobermann replied to oboingo76's response:
I am the same way!!! I can get most of my legs, but not enough of everything else!! My husband has offered to "groom" me, but I think that is just odd!!

Lysana replied to oboingo76's response:
YES!! I have been waiting for this topic to come up, just because it always does at some point while I'm in 3rd tri! HAHA!

I don't really have any input, I've just been waiting to see it since I'm at that point now, which made me think of it. I just go by feel, and hope I don't cut myself, and that it doesn't look too weird - but I'm not too worried about how it looks, just as long as I've made an effort. Kind of an embarrassing thought, knowing the midwives will be seeing that area...I mean, I know they see lots of them, and I sure hope they aren't judging or anything, but it's still embarrassing when it gets out of control!

I hate small restrooms when I'm pg...there's a restaurant I often go for lunch while working and their regular stall is SO small, and I feel guilty using the bigger one because, what if someone comes along who REALLY needs it, and I'm hogging it instead? I always feel like I'm going to get stuck in the little one, though, LOL. However, no excuse for an OB's office to have bathrooms like that! That's crazy! They should know better!
Kelly (32) ~~ Craig (36) ~~ Eliana (5) ~~ Joshua (3.5) ~~ Rebekah (1.5) ~~ Samuel John (EDD 2/24/2012) ~~ ^i^ Pumpkin (March 2011) ~~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller and Lessa (9)

oboingo76 replied to Lysana's response:
Well, I can add another embarrassing pee moment. I've had a terrible cold and cough. The other night I was coughing and sneezing so much that I peed my pants sneezing. Gotta love being pregnant and having bladder control issues!

Lysana replied to oboingo76's response:
Oh no, how embarrassing! Or, even if you weren't around anyone else - still horrible!

I had better watch out for that, because I am coughing like crazy these days, too! Yikes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

essam ali 34 years. faculty of masscommunication. cairi univ 92. have a small office for adv ., and propaganda . separated . looking for a good widdow...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.